10. Rest In Peace Roman

The group of five stood timidly at the window, watching in fear as two large men jumped out of the truck and headed towards the house

"Guys, guys, is that them?" Kiara asked, her voice wavering as anxiety flooded through her. "Is that them?"

"This is suboptimal," Pope groaned as JJ muttered out a chorus of 'no's.

Devyn ran her shaking hands through her hair, fear flooding her body. Not for her. But for her friends. She didn't care what happened to her, but she knew she couldn't survive if anything happened to a single one of them. She couldn't handle losing another person. It would shatter her.

"John B, I told you man, why does it always have—" JJ was cut off as John B grabbed him harshly, shoving him against the wall as he put a finger against his lips.

"JJ! Hey, look at me!" John B spoke urgently. "Where's the gun?"

"Gun? I, uh, I can't—" JJ stumbled over his words, failing to remember where he last had it.

"Now you don't have the gun, the one time we need the gun?!" Kie snapped, hands coming to her face as tears filled her eyes.

"Hey," Devyn said to her gently as the boys tried to remember where it was. "We're gonna be fine, I promise," she took her hand, soothingly rubbing circles on the back to help calm her down. They wouldn't accomplish anything if everyone was freaking out.

"Go, go, go," John B whispered, Devyn's head shooting up as she watched JJ leave the office.

"Fuck no," Devyn muttered, beginning to run after him as John B grabbed her waist, keeping her in place as he picked her up to keep her from going after JJ. "I'm not letting him go out there alone!" She snapped at John B, trying to pry his hands off of her as her heart raced. "Get off!"

"John Routledge!" A foreign voice screamed, causing her to stop moving, her breath returning as JJ scrambled back into the office.

"Guys!"

"Come on out now!"

JJ slammed the office door shut, locking it as John B released Devyn, who hugged the blonde boy immediately.

"Where's the compass?" The men screamed, the group flinching at the sound of their voice.

JJ hugged her tightly, slightly confused at her actions, as John B asked where the weapon was.

"They're in the front porch, guys," JJ whispered lowly, Devyn pulling away as she looked at John B with wide eyes.

"We gotta leave!" Kiara urged them, beginning to unnerve at the sound of the men ransacking the Chateau, Devyn scanning the room for any possible escape route.