19. Flower Crown

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️brief attempted assaultplease do not read if triggering to you

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
brief attempted assault
please do not read if triggering to you

"I can't even begin to explain how much I hate this plan," Devyn groaned grumpily, glaring at the two boys as the HMS Pogue slowly waded back to John B's dock.

"Devyn, I'm asking you to wear a dress. It's not the end of the world," John B rolled his eyes as the three scouted out to see if the black car was still watching the Chateau.

Coast was clear.

"Do I look like I own a dress!?" Devyn snapped at the boy, motioning to her typical outfit; baggy t-shirt and shorts.

"Come on, sunshine. You have to have something," JJ raised his brows as he hopped out of the boat, tying them off on the dock.

"I don't want to hear a word from either of you," she growled. Devyn had grown up with an older brother and was only friends with boys. To say she was a tomboy would be an understatement.

John B and JJ just shook their heads, a smirk playing at their lips as they headed to the Chateau to try and find a suit that JJ could wear.

"Fucking dumbass boys," Devyn murmured angrily to herself as she stomped back to her house. "Wear a dress, they said," she imitated John B's voice. "Suck my dick."

She flung her front door open with attitude, stomping angrily to her room as she threw open her closet. Her entire wardrobe consisted of cropped tanks, jean shorts, and clothes she had stolen from the boys throughout the years. She wasn't even sure if she owned a skirt.

"Fuck me," she mumbled grumpily.

"Gladly."

"Jesus, JJ!" Devyn gasped at the boy's voice, spinning around to fund the blonde watching her in amusement, unable to wipe the grin off of his face.

"Sorry," he held his hands up defensively. "We found a suit I can wear," he motioned to the backpack on his shoulder. "Just waiting on you now, sunshine."

"Why do you call me that?" Devyn grumbled, flinging open her brother's door. Alex wouldn't be home until late tomorrow, considering that he was out fishing with some of the locals.

"Why not?" JJ queried back, watching her from the doorframe was she slowly approached the closet door. "You're like my own personal ray of light."

Devyn hadn't been through any of her mother's things since she'd died, considering Alex had come back home and set up base in her room. If the boys wanted her to wear a dress, her mom's clothes was her last option.