22

°°°

Car rides are always enveloped with silence whenever it's me. Why? The reason is simple— I just have nothing to say.
And when it is only me and Yeonjun, what possibly could any of us expect more than waiting for the other to speak first or else rot in silence.

My phone beeps for me to pull it out of my bagpack and reply to texts I have just received from none but Sehun. Yeonjun bothers to shift his gaze from the road to me so I look at him, thinking that he might want to say something but instead, realize that he is just staring at my phone's screen.

"New phone? 11 pro max nice." He asks.
I shouldn't tell him that Soobin gifted me.

"So Soobin bought you this?" He questions, reminding me that my mind is no longer a private place. I sigh, nodding as a response.

"Can I see it?" He asks again.

I hand it to him and he takes it to throw outside of the window aggressively.

"Wait excuse-" he cuts me off saying, "Sorry I felt a bit provoked. Don't mind me."
I take my old phone and show him saying , "Do you expect me to use this hacked one?"
He looks at me in confusion, "Who hacked this."
"You." I scoffed.
"Sorry my demon did."

I shut my eyes in frustration, trying my best to stay calm and not lose my shits already. I just need to hang in there a little longer, it's already been two weeks with them, I somehow need to survive some weeks to keep myself alive. Yeah, I can manage till then, right? Letting out an audible sigh, I look outside through the window, staring at the serene sky.

I'm tired of everyone including myself and carry no energy to maintain even a casual conversation, let alone wrangling over this.

He seems to notice it and stops the car as he gets outside to come back after 5 mins handing me the same model he threw away but it's another.
"Eh?"
"Sorry I felt provoked. Here's another one." He says concentrating on the road. I hummed as response.

How on earth am I supposed to react? Let's just accept it as a compensation.

None of us dare to utter anything more even though it's quite awkward but things between us are really messy so silence is the best option for now. The road to uni seems so long, why can't he just do the magic?

Hey, you reading my mind? Come on, go for the shortcut already,

Is he really not hearing me? Basing on how unaffected he looks, it's obvious that he has just ignored it.

Fuck you.

I groan, recognising the streets we have been passing by for three times already. Man always goes for the opposite I say.