epilogue

Beads of sweat trail down my temple and my body is burning with fire and ice. Fear and conviction wrestle in my conscience, one after one flashbacks repeating over and over again in my mind. A dreadful cold spreading through every organ of my body as my mind is now filled with 'Yeonjun', 'Crannium' and 'Yeonjun'. No. His demon. That horrifying form, those wings, those fangs, those coldest nerves and the bullet. I remember my vision slowly fading to black but what happened after that? Well, what happened to me? Everything still is black. Am I dead? Am I buried into my grave?

Mechanical beeping is echoing through the darkness and my eyes slowly flutter open. I must be alive but I find myself holding my breaths, afraid of the conclusion. White ceilings, white walls and white lights fill my sight and for a moment, I feel blind. Allowing my eyes slowly adjust to my foreign surroundings, the same question repeating though my mind what happened to them?

A very known voice pulls my attention to the side as I drag my eyes to the speaker, expecting to be welcomed by those red eyes which I'm longing for but instead I meet the stunned honey-brown eyes.

Happiness tackle against his tired yet attractive features and he immediately wraps me in a tight embrace, squeezing out all the air trapped inside my lungs.

"Sora....I....tho-thought I was going to lo-lose...you." He stammers between tears, locking me in his arms. I return his hug, still proceeding who he is.

Choi Yeonjun

"You are back?" Out of all my questions, these three words chose to come out from my mouth before I could have a grip on my overwhelming emotions.

He pulls me closer to him as I snuggle into his chest, trying to bathe in his warmth. He doesn't utter any words, nor do I. Both feeling each other's uncontrollable ringing hearts and the machine's beep beep until my breaths and his tears stabilize.

I call his name twice. No response.

Thrice. Yet no response.

I look at him with questionable eyes and study his as extra overwhelmed face, is it hard for him to believe in what's happening? Is this a fairy tale like what every happy reader wants?

I shake his slumped shoulders with my trembling hands and say, "Yeonjun, I'm fine. Talk to me please."

But he's stuck in words, he can't arrange proper words in a sentence to actually make me understand something decently.

"This....I....him.....we.....us.....how.....wow"

"Yeonjun." I take a deep breath before asking him again, "What happened?"

The hospital's door knob twists as figures enter into the room, approaching us with bouquets of fresh flowers.

"Yess Sora you did it!" Beomgyu exclaims energetically, placing the flowers on a table.

"I did what?" I question, sighing.

"Well you can see us being fine. And Yeonjun hyung is fine too." Taehyun smiles at me, his answer isn't helping even a little bit to calm down my anxieties.

"What happened to Crannium? You mean it was that easy to end him? Just like that? Were we worrying for no reasons?" I scoff in disbelief.

"Long story in short- the curse didn't break completely and since he somehow managed to go against it but the curse was still effective so his powers were draining in this world. And the form of Yeonjun you saw before passing out was the strongest and rarest level of vampire clan. As we know, Crannium's curse on Yeonjun was backfiring, Yeonjun's anger turned into Crannium's destruction. He did a mistake targeting you first." Namjoon explains.