chapter 4

It had been hours since I ran into the dangerous stranger and I could not get him out of my damn head! The was something deadly and unstable about him, I just knew it I felt it in my gut as it twisted I should forget all about our encounter, but I couldn't everything about him screamed bad it was alarming but on the other hand, he was good looking very bad deadly bad looking!

Rolling over off the bed frustrated, I made my way to the kitchen for some water I didn't even bother to change out of my clothes, I got to the steps and just as I was about to descend into the main floor my father came running frantically past me, not noticing me I have never seen him like this, worry and curiosity got the better of me as I followed to where my father had gone to, I heard him talking outside the front door with someone.

" Well I don't do anything for free, and the payment is paid, whenever I require it." That voice sounded familiar as I got to the door.

" Yes, of course, what is it that you w..." My father asked who had his back to me before I cut him off.

"Father, why did you run out like ...." My sentence was cut off short, by who was standing again a few feet away from me the stranger from earlier, I didn't have a good feeling about this at all, his eyes flickered to me his intense gaze pinning me down where I stood.

" As I was saying, I came to collect my payment for what you asked me to do." He said his voice thick, sending a tremor down my spine, what payment and what favor anyways what did my father have this man do?

" What is it then?" My father asked unsurely, I was getting a bit alarmed about this, the man's eyes had never left mine since he saw me walk out and interrupted their conversation, a wicked grin formed its way across his face.

" You." He breathed, my heart stopped for a second before it began at a rapid pace, my breath came in short.

" Me?" I squeaked out swallowing all the saliva down my dry throat, backing up I had to get out of here, but my back was met with the door my eyes never leaving the man that wanted me as payment, I was terrified me who was this man? What did my father do?

" WHAT? That's my daughter you are talking about, she is not something for payment she is a human being! You cant have her chose something else!" He stood up to the stranger, well at least he would fight for me, but I still didn't get what was going on.

" That is where you are wrong De Luca!" He seethed, as his eyes finally left mine and fell upon my father, he looked murderous at that moment not daring to mask it, my father was shaking like a leaf as his eyes fell to the ground.

" She is my daughter you can have anything else that you want, but not her." He pleaded but to no avail.

" Wrong again, you said yourself earlier that I could have anything and I want her, a deal is a deal, De Luca!" I was confused by all this.

" But...You can't d.." he was cut off this man was really angry and furious.

" Oh yes I fucking can I killed a man that you wanted dead and the is a payment to that, it takes the form of whatever I want and at this precise moment it's her." Wait my father got someone killed? like murdered? My heart dropped my father a sweet kind man who loved me, got someone murdered by this monster!

"Aw doll, didn't you know? Its a shame really, not sharing the secrets and lies that he might have thrown in your face over the years? Well, it all has come to light now, hasn't it?" Stepping away from my slumped over father he approached me like I'm a damn prey, taking a deep breath for the worst, my eyes shutting not wanting to see this.

I felt his hand caress my cheek in a soft gentle touch, gasping from the touch I felt opening my eyes to see his, I could have sworn I saw something warm and safe before it vanished, my voice was dry, feeling numb as he pulled me towards him his hand on my lower back as he escorted me down the stairs. One, two, three steps ahead I froze my numbness gone it was replaced by anger.

I soaked up the rage I was feeling, my blood, my father murdered a person for what? Personal gain? For years I had thought of him as a warm carefree gentle loving father who loved his family, he was a liar, lies all of it!

I turned swiftly the man tried to get a hold my arm but I slapped it away when I got right in front of my father I did the thing I would never have dreamed about, my hand swang up and slapped him hard across the face I felt the sting but it was nothing compared to what pain I felt inside. He looked shocked touching his cheek his eyes held shame and remorse but nun of it mattered.

" You are not worthy to be called my father, you are a fucking liar and that is what you deserve maybe even worse. I have no clue why mother didn't see it earlier but I guess she was blinded like me!" Seething I took a step back turning around to see the man shocked and surprised, a grin formed on his face taking a deep breath I approached him and his car.

" I sure as hell did not expect that kitten." Opening the door as I got in grazing his hand sending tingles through me, as I got comfortable he slid in the driver's seat looking at me scanning my face, my body.

" Well, of course, you didn't expect it, you don't know me. What is your name anyway?" I huffed fear was creeping back into my system my heart skipped a beat realizing what just happened I belong to this man since I was payment and my father didn't try and stop him even after I slapped him. His eyes peered into mine, looking for something I don't know what but for sure he will see the fear in them that was guaranteed.

" Ryder, my name is Ryder" He breathed heavily

" Well, I'm Adrianna," I replied and turned my head towards the window, he got the message, I was not in the mood everything in my life just went down the drain, I had nothing just him and I had no clue what he wanted from me, he started the car the engine roaring to life, he sped down the highway to god knows where I had nothing my heart clenched from my upcoming fate. I wonder what mother would do if she saw me with this man, like this?

My god thing took a turn for the worst or for the good? Keep reading to see what our two characters do, how much worse could the things get? Please leave a comment and a vote.