Wings

Hey! Sorry for the late update, ended up going on an 8 hour roadtrip to the dentist, AND had an Assignment due the very same day.

So, here's a slightly longer fic. My first ever attempt at a crack fic, though it's really, really tame.

Requested by Crazycatmeow413

Report any errors, I haven't proof read this chapter cuz it's too long for me.
_________________________________________

Word Count - 3405

Xisuma furrowed his brows as he squinted at the screens that were lined with codes. As usual, the server was acting up again, and it was his duty as admin to find a solution to the problem.

Once he found out what the problem was.

It was easy for hermits to see or notice issues with the overworld, but it was always a nightmare trying to find the single line of code that caused the issue to begin with. Xisuma honestly preferred if the issue with the text was major rather than something as minor as a typo or something of the sort.

He currently had two tabs on at the same time: the mob info and the player codes. He rarely ever tried to multitask, simply because he ran the risk of messing something up, but in his currently sleep deprived state, he was willing to take a risk, even if it were to speed up the process the slightest bit.

The thing about taking risks, however, is that sometimes you just shouldn't.

In the heart of the jungle, the gremlin turned hobbit turned not hobbit started to feel some strange effects on his body.

At first, Grian couldn't quite tell what was going on, the effects were so slight that it could have been a trick of the eye. But was time went on, it started to become more and more obvious.

First off, he was starting to fall slower than he usually did. Constantly attempting ambitious elytra tricks always meant that he'd fall way more than he'd like to admit, and when it started, Grian could swear that he wasn't falling as fast, but it was by a negligible margin. Now, he was waiting impatiently to hit the ground.

Another thing was his elytra. The pair that he had adorned this Season had served him dutifully, and yet, all of a sudden, they were unwilling to fit on his back. He brushed it of as a minor glitch in the system, keeping a mental note to report it to Ex-eye-sooma-viod sometime later. He knew that the admin had a lot to deal with as is, so he'd probably wait until things settled down first.

Also, did his back feel heavier? Grian was pretty used to carrying tonnes upon tonnes of heavy resources, but even with nothing weighing him down, there was a weight on his back that he couldn't quite place.

And why was he leaving a trail of feathers?

If he was smart, Grian would have gone and talked to someone about these strange occurrences. What's the use of having neighbours if you don't ask for help from time to time?

Except, Grian's not smart.

He told himself that he was imagining things and went about his day as usual. Without an elytra because that thing apparently didn't fit anymore.

He spent the day underground, excavating the area under his manor since he was grounded, at least for now. Building the outside without an elytra sounded exceptionally painful and time consuming, but he was determined to not bother the admin for as long as he possibly could.