Shared Pain

Sorry this part took so long. I was completely lost on this prompt, and also realised I had three projects due over the course of two days! :D

Requested by NoEntiendo29. I honestly had so much fun with this one, it was fun watching the team ZIT guys for the first time!

Also, just realising I forgot to mention this, but thank you so much for 1k+ reads! That's a number I never expected to reach! :DD
_________________________________________

Word count: 2759

The sudden rush of adrenaline Zedaph found coursing through his veins caused his heart to pump at a painful pace. His head was a throbbing with a headache and the corners of his vision were beginning to black out slowly.

Something wasn't right.

He dropped the stacks of glass that he had held in his hands, the delicate object shattering against the stone floors of his base, while he clenched his shirt tightly. His body was hurt, but not physically. At least, not for him. It was an emotional connection that drove these feelings, and Zed could recognise the pain as the thrill of being chased. A certain feeling of helplessness as a person was backed into a corner.

However, Zedaph was still in his base, surrounded by his cave of contraptions and shattered pieces of green glass. He was here, safe and sound for the most part.

And that could only mean that someone else was hurting.

His chest swelled with concern for his two best friends, Tango and Impulse, out of which, at least one was in grave danger. These otherworldly pains connected the three, but only if one were in a near death situation. Zedaph could only imagine what the person who was being hurt in the flesh could feel. If these pains were dulled for him, the distance playing a huge factor in what how much of the shared pain that he could feel, then surely it must have been hell for the other.

With shaky hands, he began to dig his pockets for his communicator, in desperate need of something. They were still yet to die, and Zedaph could only assume that it was happening very, very slowly.

He sent a quick message in their private group chat, made initially for group projects, but now also for times like these, when they'd rather not worry the entire server.

<Zedaph> Impulse? Tango? Are you both okay?

He could barely type, needing to try repeatedly to send something that was somewhat legible. His breathing became laboured the more he stressed out about the message. Luckily for him, the response was quick.

<ImpulseSV> Yeah, I'm mostly good. Currently at my base.

<Impulse SV> Does that mean...?

Zedaph knew exactly what that meant, and Impulse did too. Tango was in danger, and it was obvious in the lack of a response, despite the passage of minutes. The process of his demise was painfully slow, and Zedaph was shaking wildly, steadying his balance as he made sure not to fall onto the broken shards of glass that surrounded him.

Tango was in so much pain, and Zedaph found himself barely able to cope.

It was common knowledge amongst the three that when one person got hurt, the others would feel it too, no matter the distance, though it did affect the intensity of the pain. The connection was especially strong with Zedaph, and any near death experiences would leave him debilitated for at least a while.