Bad Days

Here is a prime example of "I wrote it as soon as the episode came out, and haven't worked on it since!"

Idk how, but I've improved in the last couple of days, because this story made me cringe like crazy.

Anyways, hope it's an enjoyable read!
_________________________________________

Word count: 1234.
Heck yeah!

Tango, by no means, was having a good day. His ravager stunt was quite the bust, since the system decided that he was moving much too fast. And it was a waste of quite the concept, too.

He sighed heavily, holding his head in his hands as he tried to push back the headache he was beginning to have before eventually slamming his head down on the desk, complex spreadsheets and wasted time flying all across the room. The impact hurt, but he was already feeling better about the situation.

The demon rubbed his forehead, furrowing his brows together as he stared at the ravager that he had silenced before looking in the direction of the shopping district longingly. He would have loved to have flown there at top speed. However, that top speed was just too fast.

Far down below, at around the base of his structure, he could hear the faint sounds of scraping metal and working machinery. Mumbo was down below, doing the task that was asked of him. Tango would have loved to go down and see how he was doing under any other circumstances. Right now, however, he didn't want to do anything anymore.

I was due a bad day, anyways.

He tried to convince himself that this was perfectly fine. Things so far had gone far too smoothly far too long for there to be no repercussions.

He closed his eyes and gently stroked his brand new facial hair in a rather villainous manner. Leaning back comfortably against his chair, he tried his best to focus his attention on something else.

Various sounds filled the room as he let the world fade away completely. He could hear the peaceful sounds of a breeze flowing in through his new, open windows. Just in the distance, he could hear the satisfying sounds of Golems perishing for the production of his Iron Farm. And down underneath, he could hear the mechanical sounds of pistons of a door that was getting installed by the expert himself.

Only, the sounds of pistons were getting louder by the second.

Tango opened his eyes and sat up with a start, trying to figure out what on Earth was going on. He glanced around the room in a panic before feeling his communicator vibrate furiously in his pocket. Curious, he took it out and held it in his hand, reading through the messages that had just been sent.

<Mumbo Jumbo> ermm Tango...

<TangoTek> yes?

<Mumbo Jumbo> come down to the door

Confused, yet at the same time curious, he made his way back down to the base of the tower where his fellow redstoner had been hard at work.

Judging by the messages, he had expected for Mumbo to have had a spoon moment.

What he hadn't expected, however, was to see his brand new piston door stuck to the ceiling of that particular section.

What?

Tango barely had a chance to gawk at the sight before Mumbo began to stutter an explanation, even though the hermit was laughing pretty hard.

"So- so, there's your door!"

"Yeah, I can see that!"

The contraption was stuck to the ceiling, dripping slightly with the slime and honey that the design required. He wouldn't have known how in the world it worked if he hadn't seen the prototype and design for himself.

Slime had always felt a little unconventional, but honey surely had to be far too sticky to pull anything off.

Now, however, he was seriously wondering how the contraption ended up getting stuck to the ceiling.

"Um, it seems like I may have missed a block in the flying machines that power your door" That explains it.

Tango nodded in understanding, chuckling slightly now that everything had settled. "No wonder. Will you be fixing it?" At least he wasn't the only one having a bad day.

"Oh, of course I will! I just found it funny" Mumbo smiled, leaving a trail of rockets in his wake as he flew up to the machine that he had so meticulously built. Tango could see the exasperation in his face, knowing very well that he'd need to reconstruct it.

Tango simply watched as Mumbo began to swing his pickaxe at the machine, carefully deconstructing the contraption. He made sure to be extremely careful with the technical parts as to not damage the expensive observers and the painfully constructed pistons.

He made his way back down, a little sticky with slime and honey and an arsenal of redstone bits in his inventory.

Tango sighed, deciding to leave him be while he worked on repairing the door. It would most likely take a few hours, and he didn't want to stand around and watch the whole time. Well, he wouldn't have minded that, he would have loved to learn about the workings of the machine, but it could have made Mumbo uncomfortable to have an audience.

As he took flight, he was finally starting to process the situation. And so he made his way to the shopping district with a fit of laughter.

When he landed back at his base a few hours later, Mumbo was still there, seemingly testing out the door and admiring his work. Tango smiled, gracefully landing down near the taller redstoner.

"Hey Mumbo! How are things going?"

Mumbo smiled brightly at the demon and Tango had to hold back his laughter. Using a chainsaw to shave the poor man's moustache was probably not his brightest idea.

And yet, it was probably his best.

"So uh, you saw what happened to your door, right?"

"Yeah, I noticed it was stuck to the ceiling?"

"Well, yeah. But I fixed that!"

"Can't wait to see it work, now that it's not stuck!"

The two walked over to the button that Mumbo had temporarily set up for testing purposes. Tango looked at it curiously and Mumbo laughed softly.

"You can do the honours."

It had been a few hours since Tango had talked to Mumbo, thanking the man for his redstone services. He may be a spoon, but he certainly knew his piston doors.

The demon shook his head fondly as he looked at the spot where the redstoner had set the door loose. In hindsight, it was absolutely hilarious and he should have laughed a lot more about it than he had done.

He was standing inside of his base, examining the door while he tried to figure out what he could do to make it fit the aesthetic of the rest of his cartoony district.

He filled in a few blocks with quartz instead of concrete, deciding to test it very quickly, just to see how it worked with everything else in the build.

Now, Tango could swear that he had listened closely to what Mumbo had told him about the mechanics of the door. No matter how difficult it was to take the man seriously with his brand new look, Tango was sure that he had been listening, taking him very seriously.

He could tell himself whatever he wanted, but it wasn't going to change the fact that half of his brand new door had flown away. Tango watched with wide eyes as his beloved door left without warning, and Tango let out an over dramatic "No!" as though he had just been betrayed.

In a way, he had been, for today was simply just not his day.