Thunderstorm

First and foremost, I am sorry for being pretty dead recently. I've taken part in a lot, and by a lot I mean a lot of projects on the Scarian Discord, as well as all of its sister servers.

Secondly, I don't watch the hermits in this fic very often, so I'm sorry if they seem a little bit out of character.

Requested by FandomsUnite05

Not sure if this was what you hoped for, but I hope it meets your expectations.
_________________________________________

Word Count: 2250
.
.
.

A heavy downpour of rain fell down to the ground at a rapid pace, accompanied by loud claps of thunder and the bright flashes of lightning. The skies had turned dark far too quickly for there to be enough time to react.

Bdubs had found himself in a rather unfortunate situation, caught in the middle of the storm. The water droplets bashed harshly against the thin fabric of his elytra, and his clothes had soaked through completely. Perhaps deciding to head out after a broadcast for heavy downpour was not his brightest idea, especially when the announcement was made by Xisuma himself.

Thunder sounded loudly, causing Bdubs to flinch. The builder knew that he had underestimated the wrath of Mother Nature. He couldn't quite tell where he was, but he hoped that he was somewhat close to his base. The world around him was shrouded in darkness, and that made him unable to see anything at all. He was soaring through the sky blindly, hoping to reach his destination.

All of a sudden, Bdubs could hear the unmistakable ripping of fabric right behind him, on his back. He nose dived towards the ground, as quickly as he could, before spreading the artificial wings wide open, desperately wanting to survive. He realised, far too late, that the only thing underneath him was water.

His eyes widened, arms flailing about in an attempt to get further forward. He couldn't be dying here. Not in the middle of the ocean, where his inventory was sure to be lost for good.

He turned his head around frantically, desperate for land. In the far distance, an island came in sight. He primed his rockets, ready to fire them all in rapid succession. He needed to get on dry land. He needed shelter. And he needed it desperately.

There was yet another clap of thunder in the air, and lightning in the distance. The elytra ripped once again, under the influence of all that tension. The island came into sight, far too quickly. He couldn't slow down, even as he flew over the mainland. It wasn't long before he crashed head first into a building.

Bdubs landed with a thud onto the ground, immediately getting a faceful of the hardwood floors. He brought himself up slowly, still frantically scanning his surroundings. "Grian's barge", he finally decided. That was where he had landed. Perhaps the open plan for easy landing had been helpful after all.

How had he ended up in the shopping district? He was expecting to be much, much closer to home. Had the turbulence of the wind thrown him off course? Maybe the harsh downpour had disoriented him. Either way, he would be stuck here for a while. Without an elytra to carry him the rest of the way, he didn't stand a chance.

With a heavy sigh, he leaned his back against one of the walls, slowly starting to sit back down. Thunder sounded once again, though this time he couldn't quite catch the light. The storm was bound to be relentless. He was grateful for the shelter. At the very least, he wasn't stuck out in the middle of the ocean.

He shook his head vigorously, trying to dry out the water from his hair, much like a dog would. There was no way that he wouldn't be catching a cold after this one. He knew, in the very back of his mind, that resource gathering could have waited. That he could have skipped a day, and progress wouldn't have been held too far back. However, productivity was a temptress he couldn't quite ignore.