Inner Evil

It's been a minute.

This fic features two characters that I really, really don't know that much about. So, apologies in advance if the story isn't quite up to the mark, or if the characters don't seem like themselves.

Requested by Ghaniya1908.
I sincerely hope that you like this fic.
_________________________________________

Word Count: 2325
.

.
.

The sun soared higher and higher within the clear blue sky, marking the coming of a lovely afternoon, where not a single cloud obstructed the wonderful view. The day was bright, and would only turn brighter still.

Underneath the brilliant blue, Wels fell to his knees, his body heavily wounded and covered in a vast array of bruises scratches. A throbbing headache pounded against his skull, his eyesight slowly drifting into a blurry haze. His hand gripped his stomach, the sickly hot blood oozing out of a gaping hole in that area, after having suffered a direct strike. Patiently, he awaited the death that was bound to claim his soul that day.

Hels. That was his name, wasn't it? The name of the man who had done this to him. Wels was struggling to remember. Either ways, the threat was gone, at least for now. However, he couldn't help but feel that it was still there, standing above his form, laughing at his current state in a low, condescending manner. The voice that spoke with such spite towards the server was an echo of his own, and that thought terrified Wels. He gritted his teeth, and pushed down the pain. That didn't matter right now. What did, however, was his alter ego.

Helsknight.

Welsknight's very own clone. The very embodiment of all his evil. All his negative thoughts, and his ill desires existed within the dark knight. Wels was a righteous man, but even he was aware of the evil within his heart. No one was perfect, and he was far from it. There was a beauty in those imperfections, and it was a lesser known thing about life that made it worth living. Wels had made peace with the fact that he wasn't always good.

However, the strength of his own evil terrified him. If Hels really was the a part of Wels' personality, what did that say about him? If Wels truly was a good person, why was Hels such a powerful force? The thought didn't sit well with him, but he was no longer in a place to avoid the fear that crept up his spine. Had he ever been in a position where another person could see him the way he saw Hels? At times, did they despise him the way he despised his counterpart?

His breathing picked up drastically, and Wels curled in on himself. He felt pathetic as he laid still, bound to the ground, simply waiting to die. However, it didn't feel like there was any other choice, and he felt as though he had no say on the matter.

He wanted to die, and soon, so that the pain would subside.

As his vision faded to black, he heard the all too familiar sound of grass crunching underneath the soles of someone's shoes. Distant at first, the footsteps quickened its pace immediately and the distance between him and his server mate was closed within a blink of an eye.

Slowly losing his grip on reality, all Wels could hear was an all too familiar voice desperately calling his name before he finally drifted off to somewhere far, far away.
.
.
.

The soft, warm covers of a bed greeted Wels when he finally woke up from his slumber. He sank ever so slightly into the mattresses, momentarily basking in the warmth that the woollen blankets helped him retain, halfheartedly prolonging actually getting out of bed. However, as he tried to sit up, pain shot through his entire body. He gritted his teeth instinctively, holding back a cry of pain. His eyes darted around him, suddenly on full alert.