Remember to Breathe

People on discord will already know, but my exams started recently and I was getting really stressed out, and entering a really dark place.

I had drafted out a vent fic, describing the physical plain that my anxiety is causing me. My initial intention was to make this a hurt/no comfort in a modern AU, with a lot of TW tags. But somewhere along the lines, I started to watch some really wholesome videos, and that really brightened my mood, so you're getting even more fluff from me.

During the course of these tests, my parents stopped my brother from visiting me as well, for the fear that he was distracting me from my studies. I've been missing him a lot, and I'm sure that it will reflect in this fic.

So, yeah. This is pretty much just me and my bro. And all descriptions of pain and anxiety are 100 percent accurate to how I've been feeling. Right down to the rain, and how I felt about that since it's been storming out here.

Anyways, welcome to a vent fic turned fluff. I'm sorry for taking up so much time.
.
.
.

Word Count: 3000

The dark clouds marked a heavy downpour of rain, slowly developing into a storm. Loud sounds filled the air as the water crashed against the concrete structures and the muddy puddles down below.

The tired admin stared at the falling droplets of water, watching silently as it cascaded down the jungle leaves in a haphazard manner. It was almost serene in the most unusual way. However, his attention didn't linger on his surroundings for very long, quickly snapping himself out of his trance and burying his face back into his work. 

In the comforts of his concrete base, Xisuma was seated down on the ground, his admin panels surrounding him on all sides. He had work to do, duties to fulfil and expectations to meet. 

A sudden fear crept up his spine that this, too, was a bug. That the heavy downpour of rain wasn't normal. He pushed that thought away, along with the panic.

This was fine. He was fine.

A fire burned behind his eyes, his gaze beginning to falter as he continued to scan the letters for mistakes in the code. His head had long started to hurt from the strain that he had been putting on himself. He felt in pain.

Still, there was nothing that the admin couldn't handle.

At least, there should be nothing that the admin couldn't handle. He was expected to take care of the server. And he knew, better than anyone else, that it was no layman's task. He couldn't afford to fall short.

Blaring issues were emerging, left, right and centre. It was a clear sign that he had somehow messed up the coding. And if he didn't resolve the issues as soon as possible, it would have been a clear indicator of failure on his part. He didn't want that. Not in the slightest.

He couldn't afford to be useless to the server that he, along with many others, had so meticulously built.

He couldn't afford to fall short.

He couldn't afford to fail.

Though, when was the last time he had slept?

It was a thought that he pushed away as quickly as it came. His wellbeing shouldn't cross his mind. That would have been selfish of him. And he didn't want to be selfish. A leader was not someone who was selfish. The server would always come first. His friends would always come first. Everyone else would always come first.