Plastic Packaging

So, not too long ago, I was chatting on discord and we started talking about Evo and YHS. I was surprised by how many people hadn't watched it, so here is a oneshot of the parts that was really unsettling to 13 year old me.

I'm sorry if it's inaccurate, especially in the prom scene. This is purely based off of my memory of the series.

And obviously, the dialogue and stuff have been changed to match my writing style.

I might make one of Tokyo Soul as well, lol. That series is a freaking crackfic, I swear.
_________________________________________

Word Count: 2475

Grian should have known better than to stay.

It felt like a lifetime ago when he had emerged, from a train that had come from a place that seemingly didn't exist. He had been so enticed by the colours that flooded his vision. Tempted, by the prospect of 'fun'.

He had been so happy to see his childhood friends Sam and Taurtis at the train station when he had gotten off. His hometown had become rather dull, and although he had a handful of friends there, he was also looking forward to a change of scenery. A pleasant departure from the grey clouds that plagued his skies.

Right from the get go, he knew he was being harassed. And that he would be, for the entire time that he would be here. Sam's laughter rang in his ears, slowly getting on his nerves. His accent wasn't that weird. What was so wrong about being British?

Taurtis laughed, too, although it felt a lot more reserved. Nervous. He wasn't nearly as vicious as Sam.

Nothing had changed since elementary, that much had been made clear. What he had mistaken for baseless, childish banter was what he now knew to be the first signs of mental illness. Psychopathy. Still, in his naivety, he gave Sam the benefit of the doubt, and chose to stay. Taurtis seemed close to him, so surely he couldn't have been that bad.

...right?

They had entered the school, the place where Grian remembered studying oh so long ago. He had been held back a year because he had just moved, after his parent's divorce. It was here where he had made his first friends.

Some things had... changed since then.

The back garden of the school was now a graveyard, the resting place of lives lost. Grian grimaced at the sight, staring silently at the stone that had been fitted on top of the loose soil. What in the world was the school thinking? Sam described it like it was nothing, his attitude that of a tour guide showing off a tourist attraction. Taurtis just seemed lost. Still, he was able to brush it off.

However, when he saw a dead body hanging in a classroom, he knew that he should have left the very next day.

"And that there is Gareth. He was our teacher, but he killed himself after his wife died." Grian stared wide eyed at the hanging corpse, the light from the windows bleeding onto his still form, casting a sinister glow. How could anyone be so casual about the situation?

"How have they just... left him there?" Sam responded with a whistle and a shrug. His expression simply that of "beats me".

Things settled down quickly after that. Everything else became a blur. There was a sandcastle building contest of sorts, and Taurtis had hyped him up for it, saying that he was a great builder. When everything was said and done, and Grian had made a magnificent structure, Sam claimed both his build as well as the victory, before rubbing it in his face that he had won.