Forgotten

Sorry that this one's shorter than usual.

Another installment in the
Switcheroo Challenge by FandomsUnite05

I wanted to do something silly, like Mumbo forgetting a Sahara meeting and the other two getting upset. However, I wanted to try writing some of the other hermits, and not just the architechs since I've already featured them so many times.

This one ended up being a little angsty, so hopefully it still counts as fluff. Should have stuck to the first one, but was too good to scrap.
_________________________________________

Theme - Forgotten
Word count: 1353

The world was dark for Etho, trapped under the vines and dense jungle canopy. Bits of light found it's way through the gaps of the thick foliage, becoming his only way to differentiate the passage of time. He spent his months there wondering when he would respawn.

With every passing moment, a bit of him was lost. Little by little, he started to forget what it was like outside. What it was like to be free.

His hopes of escaping became dimmer and dimmer.

Until there was nothing left at all.

...

Warmth. The first feeling he recognised was warmth. It wasn't humid, and it wasn't suffocating. It was just warm.

Light. Through his closed eyelids, he felt a blinding light. It wasn't covered by the thick vines or dense canopy. It was sunlight that reached his form with no obstructions in between. He was under an open sky.

Movement. The most prominent feeling was that of movement. He could feel his limp body being shaken lightly, in a way that felt intentional. He was being moved by a person, or something with some level of sentience.

Sounds. Sounds that slowly turned into voices, which then began to form words. Words which eventually turned into comprehensible sentences to his disoriented mind.

"Etho! Etho please! Wake up!"

His eyes opened, and the man blinked tiredly. He needed to adjust his vision to the light. It was far more than he was accustomed to.

Arms wrapped around tightly, forcing him to sit up suddenly. The inertia that followed made him light headed. A few sighs of relief sounded around him, and he glanced around blankly, trying his best to figure out the scene.

Ahead of him were two men. One looked to be a little bit older, and wore an apron that was stained red. His beard was long, and his eyes aged. The other wasn't human at all. He was a grotesque humanoid made up of robotic parts, and was not a sight for sore eyes. However, his demented features didn't faze any of them. As though it were normal. Even to him.

And then there was the one who was holding onto him. From the corner of his eye, he could barely see the brown hair and red bandana. The man hugged him tight, repeating the same words over and over like a broken record.

"Oh, Etho! Thank God you're okay! Thank God you're alive!"

Etho. The word rang a bell, though he couldn't tell why. The context in which it was being used made it seem like it was his name.