Two Clones Meet

Third attempt at writing this story :D

Requested forever ago by NoEntiendo29

I'm sorry this took so long.

And I'm sorry that it doesn't really comply with the request itself.

_________________________________________

Word count: 2286

The warm rays of the morning sun hit EX's face, the light slowly pulling him out of his sleeping state. He opened his eyes, only to be met with the bright blue sky and the deep green spruce leaves.

Something felt amiss, and it took EX a moment to realise what was wrong.

The colours.

There were no colours in the void.

Nor was there any warmth. The abyss was dark and extremely cold. A vast and lonely place where he had spent years in exile. He had grown accustomed to its harsh conditions.

He stood up with a start, stumbling to his feet. Underneath him, the warm dirt had sunken just a little bit further down due to his weight.

His helmet was situated in the dirt, right by where he had laid, and he wasted no time in picking it up and putting it on. The slight tint of red felt much more familiar to him. And so did the fresh breath of cold end air that his helmet supplied.

EX took a step forward, his muscles tensing immediately to his attempt at movement. When was the last time he had walked?

With shaky hands, he brought his hands up to his face and clicked the visor, checking the statistics of the place. The heavy atmosphere of the void had cracked most of his equipment, but it was still functional enough to give him the information that he needed.

Current Location: Overworld.

How had he gotten out of the end? And where exactly was he now?

EX grumbled softly under his breath, the confusion slowing transcending into some level of aggression. He wasn't on hermitcraft. His brother would have never let him back there, especially after what he had done. He wasn't in the void, either, or a simulation. His equipment explicitly spelled out overworld, so he must have been unbanned.

Or, at the very least, in another world.

The crinkling of bones snapped him out if his thoughts, and EX turned his head, only to see a skeleton standing in the distance, sheltered by the thick forest canopy. Its bow was poised, ready to shoot. The lead arrow tip glistened slightly in the small dabbles of light that spilled through the leaves.

He hadn't seen anything in what felt like an eternity. His mind failed to warn him of the danger, his instinct for survival now dimmed into nothing but flickering sparks.

Only when an arrow flew right past his face does he realise that he's meant to run.

And so he ran, narrowly missing yet another arrow, and attempted to find a place with less shade. Without any tools or weapons, he didn't stand a chance against this simple creature. The soft crinkling of bones followed him as he navigated the vast wilderness. The forest was dense.

All of a sudden, he could hear an object cutting through the air, and this time around, he wasn't so lucky. An arrow hit EX's arm, penetrating his exposed skin.

EX hissed in pain, fumbling slightly further forward in a ditch attempt to escape. A hitch in the ground sent him tumbling down, and EX was ready to hit his head in the dirt and land on the ground face first.