━ 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲. welcoming returns

Chapter Nine:
( welcoming returns )

Chapter Nine:( welcoming returns )

▂✫⌒*・゚

SPENCER NEVER REALIZED SHE could run in such a fast matter until the day she escaped her disturbing family. Well, not escape escape. Hogwarts is finally returning to session and the first thing she does is immediately look for Ricky Adams. Never once does she utter a goodbye to her family and when she finds her friend fixing his robes, she attacks him in a huge well-deserved hug. Her friend groans at the impact, but he returns the embrace.

"Two weeks that bad, huh?" Ricky jokes around, unaware of how true his statement had been. All she does is smile with a nod, her hand meeting his comfortingly. Spencer does not like hiding stuff from her friend, but she also knows he has a tendency to worry. Which is why she brings her sleeve down, making sure her wrist is being hidden.

As she unravels her hair, she tells him, "The only part that made it better was the fact that the Malfoys went to our house. Most likely for a bad cause, but I'd prefer to hang out with Malfoy than Morgana." Spencer shudders at the reminder of her sister.

Ricky stares at her curiously. "You were with Malfoy?" Just at that moment, Theodore met up with them and he glances at the two with a confused expression.

"No..." the Slytherin mumbles out quietly, his head tilting down in confusion.

Spencer pats his back thoughtfully. "Don't worry yourself out, Theo. I was," she explains vaguely. Theodore immediately raises his head with utter surprise and his nose scrunches up in disgust. Her eyes wanders around in interest as she tries to look for Harry or any of the Weasleys in general. She hopes they are alright. When Malfoy had gone to her manor, she thought about sending them a letter but if her family had gotten notice of that... she wasn't sure what they would do. Morgana absolutely despises them and she could have pass down the anger to her parents.

Her brown eyes meet the familiar green ones and she grins, grabbing on to her friend's arms as she drags them toward the chosen one. Harry smiles politely, his eyes warily glancing at the Slytherin before deciding to be civil instead. When Spencer let go of her friend's arms, she holds hers out for Harry to get in a hug. The Gryffindor rolls his eyes before accepting the embrace, letting go as he then realizes she is returning back as well. A look of concern crosses his face.

"Was everything alright?" He questions, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

Instead of answering his question, she asks one of her own, "For me? I should ask the same to you. Are you and the Weasleys okay?"