━ 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲. how to become a thief

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:
( how to become a thief )

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:( how to become a thief )

*・゚

THE YOUNG MONTAGUE FINDS herself beside Dean Thomas and Luna Lovegood. Both of them seem scarred (though, of course, Luna is still off with the dreamy look) and for that reason, Spencer finds herself wanting to comfort them even if it is only by a bit. Dean has been on the run since the start of school and Luna had been forcibly taken from the Hogwarts Express before she could even get to her father's arms. Spencer does not like Luna'd father, but it must have been completely horrid for that to have occurred. It will do them some good to receive a restful break. She grabs one of their hand and points up to the sky that is glimmering down onto the sea with a reflecting tone, the light giving them a spark in their eye while the winds gives them a high breeze of relaxation.

"I like to believe that the skies tells stories," Spencer begins softly, motioning for them to lay down beside her. Luna follows along without a care while Dean hesitantly does it as well. He stares at her firsthand before mimicking her gaze up toward the sky where thankfully the sun is not hitting as bright for them to go immediately blind. The two friends of hers stay quiet as they listen to her speak to them with serenity. "You know how the stars are named after people or objects? We make our own too. You know why?"

Luna ponders for a few seconds before suggesting, "Because of the mist surrounding the world of our magic?" Spencer scrunches up her brows lightly before shrugging— maybe she has a point, but that is not where she is going with it. Dean hums in thought before saying, "Because we tell them?"

"It could be," she tells them both, not denying their statements because what she is thinking is not a fact but pure imagination. "Though, I see it as the fact that we all live under it. Everyone we love and hate see the same skies no matter where we are. I think the universe knows this because it is always glimmering and continuing to be the same while everything around it changes. Some stars die out— others shine even brighter. In this world of death and war, we are not alone."

Luna and Dean stay quiet after her words, staring up at the sky that has yet to see the stars, but they all know are still there. The blonde girl cuddles up closer to Spencer and closes her eyes. Spencer only squeezes her hand in comfort knowing Luna does not have any more to say as she thinks about her father and possibly her friends at Hogwarts. Dean swallows nervously before only tightening his hold on her hand. Spencer does not flinch away and instead continues gazing up.

When you gaze at the sky, you will think of how the universe makes us feel unimportant and little and yet I have come to realize that to me you are the universe that matters.