━ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆. the story of daniel gray

Chapter Twenty:
( the story of daniel gray )

Chapter Twenty:( the story of daniel gray )

*・゚

             BEFORE DANIEL GRAY BECAME known as Daniel Gray, the FBI agent and author, he had been first known as Daniel Montague. The only son and child of Glorious and Oliver Montague— except at the end he truly is not the only child. Growing up as a kid, he had been spoiled, kisses being splattered into his cheek by both his parents, gifts occasionally given to him free of charge. He was supposed to be the 'perfect' child. Though, that slowly began devolving when Glorious and Oliver noticed how he always read a book and would repeat the same story to them afterwards. It was odd for a child to read in an early age and also for them to have done it quick and remember each word afterwards. Which is why his parents took him to St Mungo's to get checked over in case something was wrong with him. The news they received was the day they began to spoil him less.

             Their child had an ability that usually muggles tend to have— muggles. Upon realizing that, their affection lessened and they hoped that in time their son would still grow up to become the perfect Montague. Except then he continued reading those 'awful muggle books' that gave awful ideas to their child's brain. Imaginations, knowledge, philosophy, a look into the muggle reality. At the age of eight, muggle books became banned from being brought in their manor by his dear mother. Only those already bought were left behind.

             He could still be formed to be their perfect child, right?

             It was that mentality that let the parents discipline their child in what he should and should not do. Don't go play with the muggles, they don't like you. Do make sure to straighten your back and look superior. Don't read that filth. Listen to what we say only. Everything that pleased them was allowed. Anything that would make them look bad is not. Simple as that. If Daniel Montague gets into Slytherin then their plan would finally start.

             However, Spencer Montague was not the first one to disappoint the family routine— except that is a secret only a few should remember. In the year 1975, Daniel entered his first-year at Hogwarts. He was expected to get into Slytherin, but when the Sorting Hat yelled out Ravenclaw instead, the young boy knew his parents would never be the same. Daniel had been correct. His parents being overly proud of having belong to the Slytherin house gave him a Howler of how utterly disappointed they were for having such a no-good son. The years after that did not get any better. Forming his own small rebellion in his household while growing up, Daniel would go out to the muggle neighborhood and at one point even end up dating one of them. It was a perfect rebellion, wasn't it? Proving to his parents that love can shimmer even in those they do not believe?