━ 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲. the odd calm

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
( the odd calm )

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:( the odd calm )

*・゚

DEAR SPENCER,

This isn't your fault and I should be the one who is sorry for ever making you feel like this is something you had to figure out. We were all blindly tricked and misguided. Ricky sent me a letter regarding your reaction to the news immediately after he found out and it pains my heart that you blame yourself. This occurred because Morgana is not a good person. She's sadistic and everything had to go her way, understood? Don't blame yourself, Spence. Even the best minds can get tricked... I should know. Any who, be careful around Hogwarts, alright? I think this is just the beginning. Take care.

Sincerely,
Daniel

Spencer rereads the letter over five times before sighing to herself. She understands what they mean— she does! And even so, it does not stop her from completely smacking her head repeatedly with a book. Dumb, dumb, dumb. No, this is not out of complete hatred, but seriously? Isn't she suppose to have some super photographic memory or something? Sure, it had not been a simple picture, book, or writing she had to look for, but Spencer can remember exact words coming out of people's mouth more than a few times. Morgana Montague, her sister, deceived her right under her nose. However, her thoughts soon began drifting elsewhere. Morgana must have been planning this since the summer... the perfect timing, the perfect escape. But why in that day? Would it be because Dumbledore was not there and majority of the sixth-year students were taking the Apparition test? Or... was something coming soon?

Immediately, she stands up from her own bed (Spencer just realized she never actually tends to hang out in her bed) and sits down in front of a desk. With parchment paper out and a quill, she begins writing down the possibilities on why that day. Ignoring the chattering voices of Cho and Marietta, her hand quickly lists a few turns before stopping midway as another thought crosses her. Spencer found Theodore crying in the kitchens that time for her detention... except he most likely had nothing to do with the Azkaban escape deal. So, where does that leave him and Malfoy? She crumbles up the parchment paper before exiting her dormitory.

Now she's starting to feel like Harry on wanting to stalk the two boys, Spencer rolls her eyes at herself. Instead of going through that plan, she goes up to Ricky who laid in the couch with one of his muggle comics in his hand. Once he catches sight of her, he grins in relief and throws the comic out (smacking a poor second-year boy). His brown hair somehow appearing longer as he goes to her face-to-face. "Are you feeling better?"

Spencer loves Ricky Adams more than any other person— and yes, that includes her brother and it is not anything against him because she loves Daniel. Yet, Ricky is the person who taught her what love feels like— someone she would not bare to lose in any circumstances. He became her first friend, first partner, first love (and not the romantic type). Let's get this straight... remember the Triwizard Tournament where it turns out that whoever was the most important person you could not bare to lose had to be underwater (for example, Harry and Ron)? For Spencer it would have been and still is Ricky.