━ 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲. dumbledore's funeral

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:
( dumbledore's funeral )

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:( dumbledore's funeral )

*・゚

             SPENCER SITS UNDER THE large tree by the Black Lake. Everyone else seems to mind their own business whether it is immediately being taken out by their parents or lingering with their friends. Wizards of all kind are visiting Hogwarts, staying nearby Hogsmeade or the castle itself to prepare for Dumbledore's funeral. Truth be told, she is not sure how to feel. It had been a normal morning and her night ended with the memory of Dumbledore hitting the ground— dead, dead, dead. Morgana willing to torture her with exalting pain with the gruesome curse that even now Spencer remembers how it felt. Her cruel eyes shimmering with hatred and Spencer forcing herself to stay on her guards and not show fear. She has no doubt that her sister does not know about Daniel now... Mordra must have told her right after they vanished from sight. The young girl is sure that Morgana is vivid with the fact that she did not get to torture her even further. Daniel ruined her plans and Spencer is left with thankfulness that he arrived. Sure, she was already under distress, but he came and he arrived viciously. It had been the first time she noticed him filled with utter rage when he noticed what Morgana had caused and when he spotted Mordra. Maybe Daniel is not so different from the Montagues as she first assumed. Not in a way to call him horrible, but she underestimated his power when in the end they were all raised by them.

             She finds it ironic that the sun glows light on her skin and enhances nature's beauty in the midst of mourning. Birds sing with the fresh breeze and the water is glistening brightly. Spencer does not know what to think about one of the greatest wizards being dead. Is she grieving? She does not think so. Or at least, not generally. Spencer never really associate herself with Dumbledore. Did she feel safer with him here? Yes, because Voldemort feared him. Feared— meaning past tense since the wizard is now dead. She is sure the only time she communicated with him had been when he told her he believed her and not Morgana.

             Her hand carefully grabs a daisy before tearing it from the ground. Just like this innocent and pure flower being ripped from the ground and thus, losing both symbols, majority of the students at Hogwarts have lost their hope— their safe place. The flower still appears beautiful, but it will no longer grow and continue to be with the rest. Spencer admires it for a few seconds before crushing it with her own hands.

             "Beauty vanishes," Spencer mumbles, opening her hand once more to analyze the flower now destroyed from its beauty.

             "But virtue is lasting," another voice intervenes, sitting down beside her with a gentle aura. She recognizes him immediately, her eyes softening while Blaise carefully scoots close to her. He gazes down at her hand and without a second to waste, presses his wand by her palm. Spencer figures he cast a nonverbal spell when the flower returns to its state of beauty. "Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote it in one of his books," Blaise comments quietly. She lets her finger gently cross along the petals knowing her boyfriend is trying to tell her that despite everything, flowers can be reborn.