━ 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲. return to hogwarts

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:
( return to hogwarts )

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:( return to hogwarts )

▂✫⌒*・゚

SPENCER NEVER REALIZED HOW much she missed Neville Longbottom until she sees him face-to-face. Her lips part in surprise and before she can even utter a sound, the Gryffindor boy yells in delight and brings her in for a hug. Spencer barely gets her arm around his back before he pulls back and hugs Ricky. She swallows in surprise and gapes at him, noticing that he appears even worse than she described a few moments ago (Neville is quite good-looking but he seems as if they have beaten him up countless of times!). One of his eyes are swollen yellow and purple, there are gouge marks on his face— basically, he looks like if he has gone through the pits of hell and back.

Nevertheless, his battered visage shines with happiness as he lets go of Ricky and exclaims again, "I knew you'd come! Kept telling Seamus it was a matter of time!"

Seamus Finnigan is there too then, Spencer takes a note to herself. She gives him a short smile not sure of how to act because holy shit, she's going to Hogwarts!

"Neville, what's happened to you?" Harry gasps, placing a hand on his shoulder in worry. Spencer cannot help but share the same concern— there is a burned mark across his cheek and it reminds her of her deadly sister. She feels a lump in her throat and she is not sure if she wants to cry or throw up... possibly both at the same time.

"What? This?" Neville dismisses his injuries with a shake of the head. "This is nothing. Seamus is worse, but we've been getting healed by our own 'healer'. You'll see. Shall we get going then? Oh," he turns to Aberforth, "Ab, there might be a couple more people on the way."

Her eyes widen in surprise; more people will be arriving? How? How will they come with this curfew line in the works? How do they know— Spencer rubs her temples in confusion. Thankfully, she is not the only one puzzled by what is occurring right now. Which is good because she does not want to feel stupid.

"Couple more?" repeats Aberforth ominously. "What d'you mean, a couple more, Longbottom? There's a curfew and a Caterwauling Charm on the whole village!"

"I know, that's why they'll be Apparating directly into the bar," Neville explains vaguely. "Just send them down the passage when they get here, will you? Thanks a lot."

Neville holds out his hand to Hermione and Spencer, helping them both climb up onto the mantelpiece and into the tunnel. Ricky follows behind and as does Ron. At last, Neville stays behind them while Harry addresses Aberforth. "I don't know how to thank you. You've saved our lives twice."