━ 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻. department of mysteries

Chapter Fifteen:
( department of mysteries )

Chapter Fifteen:( department of mysteries )

*・゚

             SPENCER WALKS BESIDE HERMIONE since she realized that the only person who has an idea about what to do is her. Harry does not bother to hide his puzzled expression, but fortunately, Umbridge is far enthusiastic about finally 'catching' the culprits. Well, that and he tries to make it look like he knows what is going on (but Spencer knows him better). No one bothers to speak to one another, especially with Umbridge breathing behind their backs. Hermione leads the way down the stairs into the entrance hall. Loud voices overcrowd the area with students laughing and celebrating over the end of exams. How was it possible for many to be celebrating and others most likely having to struggle returning back to school? She has to guess that they have to leave Hogwarts now to save Sirius... something Spencer never thought she would be doing.

             Hermione walks straight out of the oak front doors and down the stone steps into the balmy evening air. The sun is falling toward the top of the trees in the Forbidden Forest where all of they currently are heading towards. Spencer stomps in the grass and mimics Hermione's steps, choosing to hold the girl's hand so they can walk the same speed, but in reality letting her take the lead. She hides a smile as she notices Umbridge practically jog to keep up with them.

             "It's hidden in Hagrid's hut, is it?" Umbridge mutters eagerly, a wicked smile takes its form rather than the same frozen sweet one she always portrays. Spencer sends her a quick glare and does not answer.

             The girl beside her scoffs and answers, "Of course not. Hagrid might have set it off accidentally."

             "Yes," agrees Umbridge, whose excitement seems to be mounting. "He would have done, of course, the great half-breed oaf..." she laughs at the awful nickname she gives him.

Spencer clenches her jaw in annoyance upon her words. She never understood why people would carelessly use them around. Words are significant in every way, in her own vivid opinion, which is why when something is insulting this usually causes the victim to be hurt emotionally. To have them be used as prejudice statements creates an overdue controversy. Half-breeds is the offensive way to refer to someone who is not just a wizard, but something else. She does not understand why they do not just categorize them as half-bloods since it is the same idea— except far kinder and relevant. Why do people have to lower themselves to feel superior among others? It is the same with the word 'mudblood'. How egoistic does one have to be to have created such a wicked word?

"Then... where is it?" Umbridge questions with uncertainty as they continue further in the Forbidden Forest.