━ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼. the return of the express

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
( the return of the express )

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: ( the return of the express )

*・゚

DESPITE FINDING A FAMILY within the walls of the Burrow (both realistically and figuratively), the news of the outside world still manages to hit differently. People began disappearing, odd accidents even those of deaths starts to pop up in the Daily Prophet. Daniel will occasionally go in and out of the Weasley's Household with another case in his hand, his eyes revealing nothing but tiredness each time. Spencer can see how stressful it is having to be on duty for both the Order and his actual job that wishes for him to investigate what has occurred. Wizard profilers having to act as normal ones to find any sort of hint on whom the attacker is despite them knowing it has to be those following Voldemort. He calls them victims of opportunity most of the time while others are alarmingly different making him realize that Voldemort truly wants them in the first place. Muggles tend to be in the first category, any magical figure is on the 'done on purpose'.

Spencer does not know what to think about anymore to distract her mind. Upon noticing that Remus arrives looking gaunt and grim, she fears only the worst of the more news to come. If anything, the man who only is about thirty-something years old appears even older with his gray hair and ragged clothing. Mrs. Weasley gives him the leftover cake from the one she had done for the young girl.

"There has been another dementor attack and they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark has been set over it — well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius's brother, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember," Remus announces grimly. Spencer listens in closely as she plays around with the piece of cake. A frown stretches over her lips and at the same time she raises an eyebrow at the reveal. Sirius and Regulus, both names having to do with the night sky and having their fate being one of death because of war. She always liked the name Regulus.

"Yes, well, perhaps we should talk about something diff—" Mrs. Weasley tries saying before getting cut off by her own son.

"Did you hear about Florean Fortescue, Remus?" Bill asks, who is being plied with wine by Fleur. "The man who ran—"

"— the ice cream place in Diagon Alley?" Harry interrupts, a clear unpleasant look on his face upon the news. "He used to give me free ice-cream... what happened to him?"

"Dragged off by the looks of it."

"Why?" Ron asks while Mrs. Weasley glares hotly at her eldest son.