━ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲. the da's reveal

Chapter Twelve:
( the da's reveal )

Chapter Twelve:( the da's reveal )

*・゚

             SPENCER HAS NOT SEEN Theodore in a while— well, she has, but he avoids the two Ravenclaws completely. The girl desperately hates that but she can tell that Ricky is not so against it. It upsets her that the three no longer sit together during breakfast, lunch, or dinner and that she is forced to watch them drift. Somehow, the young Montague cannot converse with the Slytherin during Potions either! They are partners and yet if Spencer tries to say anything unrelated to their classwork, the boy would ask another question about his potion or what Professor Snape said. He keeps avoiding eye contact and all Spencer can do is sigh in disappointment.

             Furthermore, her and Ricky will now have the privilege to say they've been taught by a centaur. Divination is to start in a few minutes, the two of them walk side-by-side toward classroom eleven. In their common room's notice board, a message was left that Divination would take place elsewhere due to the centaur's complication with going up a ladder. Classroom eleven situates in the ground-floor corridor leading off the entrance hall on the opposite side to the Great Hall. These rooms are never regularly used and the moment Spencer enters, her eyebrows raise in surprise.

             The classroom floor has become springily mossy and trees are growing out of it; their leafy branches fanned across the ceiling and windows. Students are sitting on the earthly floor with their backs resting against the tree trunks or boulders, arms wrap around their knees or folded tightly across their chests, looking rather nervous. Firenze, the centaur, stands in the middle of the room. Spencer skims her way past the students and sits next to Harry, giving space for Ricky to sit beside her. People are staring at the Gryffindor boy in awe (he most likely knows the centaur, doesn't he?).

             Firenze gestures around the room. "Professor Dumbledore kindly arranged this classroom for us in imitation of my natural habit. I would have preferred to teach you in the Forbidden Forest, which was— until Monday— my home... but this is not possible," says the centaur when everyone settles down.

             Spencer gazes at the new teacher in confusion. Clearly, this had something to do with Dumbledore based on the timeline. The headmaster most likely has barely contacted the centaur and in this case, caused problems within the forest because of this favor. As Parvati breathlessly questions why he cannot return, Firenze responds to something similar in what the girl believes happened between them.

             "Let us begin," Firenze changes the topic, swishing his long palomino tail. He raises his hand toward the leafy canopy overhead then lowers it slowly, and as he did so, the light in the room dims, so that they now seem to be sitting in a forest clearing by twilight, and stars emerge from the ceiling. In any other situation, this could be been considered somewhere neat to have a pleasant date on. Spencer's nose scrunches up in disgust as she remembers the person beside her swings for the other team while Harry (no matter how good-looking he actually is) is her friend and nothing more. Clearly, not with them.