━ 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲. stuck in the woods

Chapter Forty-One:
( stuck in the woods )

Chapter Forty-One:( stuck in the woods )

*・゚

MORGANA IS HOLDING HER little sister's hand, quietly walking together toward the gardens. Spencer smiles brightly toward the older girl and follows her to the large shaded tree that is filled with leaves and tiny creatures buzzing around. The two sisters calmly are with each other while their parents are talking with their aunt inside their manor. About what? The two of them do not know. To the little girl, however, it did not matter at all. She was right beside her sister and being with her just made her feel better.

"Can you tell me a story?" Spencer questions softly, placing herself close to her sister's body while they sit by the tree. Morgana slightly stiffens at the touch and lets out a small sigh before nodding in defeat. She knows well that the younger one does not need to be read or any of the sort. Somehow, her little sister is able to easily read any sentence and remember it for what she assumes is forever. Morgana envies her for that reason, but she does not have a clue why instead of reading one of the wizardry children stories, Spencer enjoys listening to the ones she horribly makes up. It confuses her why something so fragile-like seems to be in awe of her— her!

Morgana clears her throat and ponders for a few seconds. She glances at the manor before nodding to herself. "Living in a large manor, two sisters always hung together. There was one who is older, a bit more prettier—" Spencer laughs quietly and nods in agreement, "— and stronger too. Then there is the younger one. Tall, slender, but a bit chubby on the cheeks—"

"But does she look ugly?"

"A bit," Morgana smirks before noticing Spencer check herself over. She waits for something like remorse, but... nothing. However, there must be something that had to be done by the way the young girl is slightly upset. "I'm just joking. The sisters are both from a beautiful family. It is impossible to look ugly," she assures. Morgana pauses for a few seconds and realizes her words (while true) were the right ones to say as Spencer lets out a sigh of relief.

"The oldest was forced to take the youngest with her everywhere. Sometimes she did not mind, other times for some reason it annoyed her endlessly. It was like if she had to take care of her instead of the parents and she hated that because she cannot feel. But the youngest loves her, and the oldest figures that within time maybe she will get used to it," Morgana continues, staring at the flowers that seem to slowly vanquish from its beauty. "The two sisters did a lot of things together. They learned, they talked, they listened, they hung out with their amazing aunt. At least, that occurred until they grew up. The oldest got tired of always looking after the youngest and instead grew closer to her aunt. The youngest became a bit nauseous to listen to. Two sisters drifting apart because at the end they are too similar and too different."