━ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅. slughorn's party

Chapter Twenty-Six:
( slughorn's party )

Chapter Twenty-Six:( slughorn's party )

*・゚

SPENCER BARELY HAS ANY time to sit beside Ricky and rest peacefully with one another. She wishes that they could do that except right when she knows she has finished all her homework, Spencer disguises herself with the Invisibility Charm and sneaks right past into the restricted area. In a span of days, Spencer Montague has read 15 different huge books having to do with 'eld' and came up short with nothing. Well, actually not nothing, just not something relevant to her search. Thus, her eyelids are droopy and she knows very well that her sleep schedule has just gone extinct.

"I'm worried for you," Ricky reveals, putting on protective gloves in his hands to take care of the gnarled Snargaluff strumps. Next went on the protective goggles and gum shields— Herbology reminds them of Potions except easier. "I don't think you've had a proper sleep in ages."

Spencer begins trying to get her first pod. "I'm fine... apart from the non-sleeping and having to overload myself in work, reading, and socializing when it comes to Professor Slughorn. His Slug Club is quite repetitive with all the talk about famous ex-pupils like McLaggen's well-connected family. Though, the food isn't too bad and last time he invited Gwenog Jones which I asked for an autograph for because Ginny loves her. Hermione and Blaise are there too, and he keeps McLaggen quiet. I think he's been glaring at him, I don't know why... Whatever, I'm just glad he isn't mad anymore."

"You need help, Spencer," Ricky comments carefully, "and a break."

"I can't," she disagrees, "I don't want to disappoint Daniel."

Her best friend stops trying to do anything with the Snargaluff strumps and stares at her deeply. "You know what I think? Daniel doesn't mean for you to stop caring about your health. He wants help, yes, but he does not want you to be overwhelmed. If you continue doing this, I'm going to send him a letter, Spencer," he warns quietly.

"Please, continue," Professor Sprout interrupts as she reaches their side. Spencer and Ricky nod in unison before returning to their work. The two continue working on their plant, grimacing in disgust when they succeed in taking out some pods and having the dead lump of wood.

"Fine," Spencer begins talking again after awhile. "I'll limit my time to spend it with you before sleeping. Though, Slughorn is planning a Christmas party soon enough and all I know so far is that it will be formal. Might even put the dress Fleur gave me into use."

Ricky smiles before slightly tilting his head to the side and motions for her to look at Harry. The golden trio sit right behind them and Spencer knows that they previously had been discussing over a few matters. Yet, right now somehow ends up being only Ron and Hermione conversing. Harry, however, awkwardly continues doing his own work making faces every now and then as he listens to their obvious bantering. Spencer turns to him in amusement and asks him, "Don't like listening to this married couple bantering?"