8. Haru

WE WERE CAMPING IN THE WOODS AND SOKKA FINISHED MOST OF THE FOOD THAT KING BUMI PREPARED FOR US.

"What do we have for dinner? I'm starving!" I groaned as my stomach growled. Sokka brought his bag up and dig his arm through it.

"We have these nuts, oval shaped nuts, and rock shaped nuts— they are probably just rocks." Sokka said picking up a weird shaped rock and threw it behind.

Momo caught it and tried nibbling it, realizing it was really hard. He banged the rock shaped nut at the ground and suddenly made a huge bang sound.

Momo looked sideways and decided to banged it to the ground again. And it made a bang sound again.

"I think it's coming from there!" Aang said running towards the direction where the noise was coming from.

"Hey! We run away from what is making the sound, not after it!" Sokka said desperately trying to stop Katara and Aang. "Come on Sokka. Let's see what it is!" I said taking his hand in mine.

Katara sprinted to the noise and saw a big ass rock in the sky. I gasp escaped my mouth as i saw a boy, who looked like Sokka's age or whatever. He was definitely an earth bender!

"Hey! My name's Katara! What's yours?" Katara shouted at the boy. He looked shocked and ran away, leaving the giant rock on the way.

"I just wanted to say hi..." Katara said sadly.

"Hey! If he's running off to somewhere! There must be a village with a market there!" I said excitedly.

"That means no nuts for dinner!" Katara giggled excitedly. We ran after the boy, leaving Sokka with his complains.

"Hey, i worked hard for these nuts..."

-

We lingered over the crowd at the small village, when i saw the boy who was earth bending earlier at a small shop.

"Hey, you're the kid!" I said getting into the shop, pointing at him as the others walk behind me.

"Um... you must've mistaken me for another kid." the boy said nervously. He's lying.

"No! We saw you earth bend earlier!" Aang said excitedly. "They saw you do what?!" his mom said frantically looking outside if someone heard us.

She closed the windows and the door and looked at the boy.

"Haru! They saw you do what?" the woman said furiously at the boy, whose name is Haru.

"They are crazy, mom! Just look how they're dressed!" Haru exclaimed. I put my hand over my chest, feeling offended. I liked my outfit.

"Do you know how dangerous it is! You know earth bending is forbidden!"  the mother continued.

"Haru not earth bending is like me not water bending!" Katara exclaimed.

"Why is it forbidden anyway?" I asked the mother and son. "Fire nations are using our coal for their ships and tortures us with maximum amounts of taxes. They lock up earth benders in their ship, which is made out of metal."

I felt bad for them, living in this condition during the war is hard.

Suddenly a loud knock on the door appeared.

"Fire nations! Act natural!" Sokka informed us. As in natural, the gaang posed in weird positions as Haru's mother opened the wooden door.

"What do you want? I paid you few days ago!"

"The tax got doubled. Wouldn't want another accident, eh?" the fire bender smirked evilly at the poor woman.

"You know, fire can be out of control sometimes..." he smirked even more. Haru's mother went back and brought a chest, revealing few coins.