66. The Warden

time skip~

"Line 'em up for the warden!" one bodyguard said and eight prisoners were seen filing in line, one next to the other, including Hakoda. As the last of them line up, the four of us saw Hakoda, who stood at the very end of the line on the right side.

"Dad ..." Sokka whispered under his breath. We exited the a stairway and passed through a lineup of guards, surprising them a bit.

I said in a monotoned voice, "Excuse us."

Sokka chimed in, "Coming through. The warden wants us over there. Sorry!" he said before grabbing my hand and dragged me into the place.

We got close enough to see the scene in front of us as the warden approached the new war prisoners.

"Welcome to the Boiling Rock. I'm sure you've all heard the horrible rumors about our little island. Well, I just want to tell you that they don't have to be true, as long as you do everything I say." he stopped in front of Hakoda who was looking downward. "Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you." the warden snapped.

I felt anger rush through my vanes and felt the immediate rush to bloodbend the warden who disrespected a chief.

I felt Sokka's thumb rub mine to calm me down. I took a deep breath and sighed, trying my best to keep my cool.

Hakoda averted his gaze slightly off to the side and firmly said, "No."

Warden turned angry, "Oh? You'd rather look at my shoes? Then take a look!" he said as he raised his left leg and dragged Hakoda by his handcuffs down onto the floor.

My eyes widened as I leaned forward to tackle the fat ass but was pulled back my Sokka's hand, holding mine firmly.

"Let me go, Sokka. Let me teach him a lesson." I whispered gritting my teeth angrily.

"Calm down. I hate to watch this as much as you do. But we can't ruin our cover yet." Sokka whispered firmly.

I nodded, "You're right. I'll wait." I whispered back, agreeing with him.

I turned to the view of Hakoda kneeling over, his face expressing anger.

"I know exactly who you are, Hakoda of the Water Tribe. So strong-willed. But don't worry, we'll get rid of that in time. Now look me in the eye!" Warden snapped.

Hakoda reluctantly lifted his head to look the warden in the eye and glared hatefully at him.

Warden turned much calmer, "See, isn't that better?" he turned to the other prisoners, "You will all do as I say or pay the price. You will all-"

He began to walk forward only for Hakoda to lift his left handcuff slightly, tripping the warden and caused him to fall flat on the ground. Sokka and I stifles a chuckle, as the two guards we were standing behind rush to aid the warden.

"Are you okay, sir?" one asked.

Warden got to his feet and snapped angrily, "I'm fine! Get these prisoners out of my sight!" he said before storming away impatiently.

Sokka and I looked at each other before running inside the prison together.

We got the information about Hakoda's cell, and got there as quickly as we should. A sliver of light appeared as the doorway to the cell was opened.

The chief of the Southern Water Tribe raised his head to see who had entered.

Sokka approached his father, "Thank goodness you're okay." he said happily but was stopped by Hakoda, who rose to his feet and clenched his fist, not realizing the guard is his son in disguise.