58. Go find Aang. Go!

"PRINCESS YOZORA, YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!" my maid shook my shoulder. I growled and rolled out of my bed lazily.

"Huh? Hana Ming?" I yawned. "What is it?"

She was out of breath and her hair was a mess. "Princess! The Fire Lord is asking for your presence! You need to come quickly!!" she said anxiously.

I held her shoulder, "Calm down, Hana. I'll be there in a sec." I told her. The middle aged women took a deep breath to calm herself and nodded. "I'll prepare your clothes!"

I stretched my limbs and shook my hands to make the blood rush into my fingertips. I got into the bathroom and looked at the mirror.

The first thing I saw was the red and blue ribbon around my neck and the red carved stone. I smiled as I touched it sadly and looked at the mirror again.

Dried tears stained my cheeks and my eyes had dark circles underneath. I sighed as I recalled what happened last night.

flashback from yesterday~

I frowned and looked out of the window, trying to figure out something that has blood in them. Humans were out of the question because someone will find out it was me. I just needed an animal or an insect at least.

While I was huffing the loose strand of my hair off of my face, I didn't notice a group of pygmy pumas on the rooftop. One of them took a wrong step on a tile and screeched when it fell down. It managed to claw onto the other pygmy puma and both of them fell on my balcony.

I flinched in surprise when two pumas fall from the sky. An idea popped in my head.

"I'm so sorry for this..." I said as I closed my eyes and brought my two hands together. The lessons Hama taught me were gracious but really dangerous.

I took a deep breath and felt the extreme power that the moon was giving me. With a swift wrist move, I bended the blood from the first puma, whom tried to escape.

The other one was bleeding from the scratch and proceeded to run away. With another wrist move, I caught the bleeding wild cat and held it in place without touching.

Now, the both animals were under my command and were standing on their back two feet. I raised my hands upwards and they flew in the air, unable to do anything against my power.

This is amazing!

I used the cats like my little puppets and made them dance, just to entertain myself. The injured pygmy puma's body was bleeding and the blood was making the balcony ground filthy.

I quickly healed the scratch and made the pain go away, still the animals fully under my command. 'If I find a way to blood bend without the help of the moon, I can finish Ozai once and for all.' I thought to myself.

"You're right, only justice will bring peace."

I got startled at the new voice behind me and turned around quickly.

"Avatar Kyoshi..." I stood there speechless. I wasn't in the spirit world but she was right in front of me, just blue and transparent.

Without removing my eyes off the past Avatar, I let the pygmy pumas go and they hissed away.

"Yozora, you're the Avatar's guardian, you're his protector. What are you doing here?" her voice sharp but calm at the same time.

"I don't know how I'll get to him, I don't know where he is. I'm sure Avatar Roku told you about that." I said. I changed the subject and gave her a crooked smile, "Did you see what I did there? I learnt blood bending!" I said excitedly.