9. The Mountain Spirit

I SAT BEHIND A BOULDER, HUGGING MY KNEES TO MY CHEST. I miss Katara a lot and it's only been few hours. "Zora, food's ready!" Sokka said walking towards me.

He gave me a reassuring smile and i followed him to our place. I sat on the ground and took the bowl of soup. I took a sip and gagged. "What's in this thing!?" I asked Sokka.

Aang hasn't even touched his food because of the smell, probably. Momo didn't even like it.

"Hey! I made those things!" Sokka frowned, quite offended. "Yuck..." i said  putting it down.

"I miss Katara's food...." Aang mumbled. I nodded in agreement and Sokka gave up and admitted too.

"Next time when Katara's gone, i'll cook." I said. "Sure, more me time for me then!" Sokka said pulling his arms behind his neck and slumped back.

"Come on, Aang. I have to teach you some new moves today." I said getting up. The monk soon followed me, leaving Momo and Sokka alone with three bowls of soups.

I took some water from the well and started teaching the moves. He learned fairly quickly and did quite good too.

"Huh, perks of being an Avatar?" I smirked at him. Aang gave me a childish smile and continued practicing.

-

Sokka, Aang and i took Appa and flew over to the ship at midnight, where the earth benders were being imprisoned. Katara took so long and i was scared that the soldiers might've seen us.

"Katara! Your twelve hours are up. Where's Haru? C'mon let's get out of here!" Sokka said tugging her sister to Appa. Katara gave us worry eyes.

She explained how earth benders were being prisoned here and lost all of their hopes. I could understand where she was coming from.

"Katara we need to go!" Sokka whisper yelled, fearing the fire nation spot us. "No." she stood stubbornly on the metal ground.

"I hate it when you get like this..." Sokka rubbed his temples. "Alright we'll help. What's the plan then?"

Aang and Sokka came up with different ideas but none of them seem realistic. Then I spotted smoke coming out of the ship and that meant one thing. Coal.

-

Aang and i got inside the flaming tubes and got the coal out with air bending by dawn.

Sadly, even with the earth in front of them, the earth benders didn't do anything. Katara tried all she could and the asshole warren was making fun of her.

"Look at them, they look so scared..." i put a hand over my mouth as i saw their frightened faces.

"Little girl, even with all your inspirational words, they can't do anything. They're too cowarded." the warren said cockily.

Then suddenly something hit the warren hard on the head. I looked over to see where it came from and Haru was twirling coal in his hands and threw them.

The fire benders attacked but Haru's dad, i think, made a big shield.

"For Earth Kingdom! Attack!" he yelled as the others joined and fought all together. One soldier came over to me and sent deadly fires.

I ducked and made a tornado at him and knocked him down along with another was behind him. Not long after the battle was over and the fire soldiers were in the ocean.

I saw Katara saying goodbye to Haru and his father. "Katara, it's time to go." I called out for her. She nodded and came over.

"You did a great job, Kat!" I hugged her which she returned happily. She put her hand over her neck but was shocked to find nothing on it.