39. The Tank Train

We decided to camp for the night and leave early in the morning. We found a nice flat ground in the woods but when we stepped a foot on the ground, Appa's squishy white fur was there.

"Hey, guys. You picked a great campsite!" Toph smiled as she scrunched her toes to the fur deeper. "The grass is so soft!"

"That's not grass." Sokka said somewhat displeased.

"Toph, actually, that's Appa's shedding!" I giggled.

"Oh gross!" Katara said also displeased.

"That's not gross! It's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa getting a new coat!" Aang said cheerfully.

"Ah, the beauty of spring." Katara said sarcastically. I elbowed her and rolled my eyes. Appa sneezed and a thick cloud of fur released from him.

"Stop! Appa stop!!" Katara said waving her arms out, coughing in fur. Some of Appa's shedding were on me but I simply cleaned it off with my airbending.

"It's not that bad, Katara! It makes a great wig!" Sokka said turning to us with a wig made out of white fur. I placed my hand over my mouth to contain my giggles.

"And a great beard!" Aang said, wearing a beard of fur and him and Sokka laughed at each other. I couldn't help but escape a small chuckle, earning a glare from Katara.

"I'm just glad we finally have another girl in our group. Because these two are disgusting!" Katara said wiping the fur off of her.

"Hey! What's wrong with me then?" I glared at her, crossing my arms.

"Nothing, nothing! But having another girl would be great, isn't it?" Katara said waving her arms in front of her.

"Excuse but has anyone seen a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" Toph said revealing Appa's shedding in her sleeves.

Toph, Sokka, Aang and I burst out laughing. Then Aang sneezes, sending himself flying backward.

The big sneeze causes him to crash against Appa's leg and for fur to blow off us and himself. The impact leaves some fur on his back. We continue to laugh joyfully, causing Katara to chuckle slightly.

The sun has already set and we started setting up the camp. Sokka smiled at my way every now and then making me fluster.

I finished putting on my tent and decided to help Katara to find some wood. I picked up some branches and when I returned back to the camp, Katara and Toph were arguing.

"Woah woah woah, what's going on here, ladies?" I quickly ran between them.

"Tell her, Katara!" Toph said.

"What is it?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Katara struggled for a moment and sighed, "Never mind!"

I decided to make dinner for tonight and handed the bowls of food to my friends. Surprisingly Toph wasn't sitting with us around the fire but was chilling in her earth tent.

I saw Katara go up to Toph and rubs the back of her head sheepishly and they started talking. But Katara came stomping back, a little annoyed.

"Katara, let's go to sleep. We need to find a good place to earth bend tomorrow." I told her, rubbing her back comfortingly.

"Yeah, you're right." Katara sighed.

-

I was woken by Aang shaking me. "Yes, Aang?" I said lazily.

"We need to get out of here, something is after us." Aang said worriedly. I nodded and packed my stuff and loaded them to Appa.

"What is that thing?" Katara asked softly as we flew above the forest. I leaned to Sokka and snuggled up to him, my eyes getting drowsy.