12. Fire Sages

The village was staying up all night to celebrate the return of their loved ones, and thanked us for bringing them home.

We were having a good time, dancing and talking, but i noticed the certain monk missing.

Sokka was in the corner discussing weaponry with men from the village, when i approached him.

"Hey, Sokka. Do you know where Aang is?" I asked the dorky Southern Water Tribe boy.

"Haven't seen him." he shrugged.

"Hmm." I rubbed my chin thoughtfully.

"Come on," i took his hand in mine and dragged him out of the men. Sokka and i bumped into Katara.

"Have you seen Aang?" we both say in unison.

"Do you think he's trying to leave?" I asked.

"Why would he? If you miss him that much, why don't you just go to the spirit world and look for him." Katara glared but I pretended to not catching that well.

"I already did. I even begged Hei Bai to look for him, what if he's in deep trouble and can't get out!? What will happen then?" I said rambling nonsense.

I stopped and looked up at Katara who was giving me stink eyes. "Aren't you worried, Katara? He's our friend!"

I frowned, "Katara, for spirits sake, if you're getting jealous—"

"I'm not jealous!" she cut me off.

"Do not interrupt me! Katara, you know we're just friends. And i know how you look at him too" i smiled softly as she eased up.

"I'm just worried that he's maybe trapped in the spirit world and can't get out. And that can actually kill him, Katara. It will seriously drain the energy from the body and it can be real deadly." I tried to reason.

"You're right i'm sorry for doubting you. It's just the avatar and the guardian looks really close and I can't not get jealous..." she said sadly.

"It's okay. You guys look for him that way and i'll look for him this way" i said pointing to the right and the left. I got into the left and started asking for people for help.

"Does the Avatar need help?" a passing stranger asked me.

"Aang's fine, he's just trying to do something dangerous. Something he shouldn't be doing at all." I smiled anxiously.

"I saw the Avatar just outside with his flying bison!" A small voice cried out. "Thank you." I replied as i headed outside.

"Katara, Sokka and Yozora are not coming with us to the Fire Nation. If they get hurt i'd never forgive myself..." Aang was to his pet flying bison.

"So get your bug butt off the ground and let's go!"

Sokka and Katara found us and caught Aang trying to escape. "I think that big butt is trying to tell you something, arrow head." Sokka said crossing his arms at Aang.

"You're not going anywhere without me. I'm the spiritual guardian and i need to protect you!" I argued with him.

"Please don't go Aang," Katara said from behind. "The world cannot afford to lose you to the fire nation and neither could i..."

Aang looked dejected. He knew it would hurt Katara's feelings if he left. "But i need to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means..."

"I could just ask him right now!" I took one step ahead.

"Roku said i have to learn to go to the Spirit world alone and find it out myself..." Aang declined.

I sighed, "then we're coming with you. We have to keep you safe from the Fire Nation!"