68. Forgive or Revenge?

IT WAS NIGHTTIME. The stars were shimmering and the air was humid and cold. I sighed as the cool breeze was going through my hair and my face as I faced outside the temple.

The Western Air Temple was truly beautiful. The history behind every paintings on the wall, the statues and the scrolls, it was unreal how it used to be an air bending society.

What am I doing, you may ask?

Well, I couldn't sleep.

After seeing how people were locked up in the middle of a boiling volcano...

Obviously facing the friends I used to have, it was too much for me.

I walked to the Common area, where everyone who escaped from the Fire Nation were sleeping.

My eyes panned over Haru, who was snoring soundly. I saw the Duke, a freedom fighter member. Teo, who the Gaang and I met at the Northern Air Temple.

When I saw Suki, who was wrapped around by Sokka's arms, I just smiled. They were snuggled up together as they craved each other's warmth.

I gave them my blessing and walked away. It's the least I can do for them, to accept them as a couple that is.

"Hey." I heard a low voice behind me, making me turn around in surprise.

I saw Zuko leaning his weight onto his right as he had his arms crossed. I sighed in relief as I recognized the ex Fire Nation Prince.

"Oh, Zuko... It's just you..." I said.

"Yozora, follow me." Zuko said as he grabbed me by my wrist. "Oh, okay?" I said as I followed him to the hallways of the temple.

"What is it that you need, Zuko?" I asked, my voice echoing through the empty hallways. He didn't say anything and continued dragging me along with him until we reached the top of the temple. Or should I say, the bottom of the temple.

The sight in front of us was breathtaking. The cliff and the temple's beauty was just gorgeous and the cool breeze was making this place more mysterious and beautiful in a unique way.

Zuko finally let go of my hand, making me immediately miss his warm touch. He took a seat on the floor and patted a spot next to himself.

I looked at him hesitant, but gave in as I took a seat next to him, waiting for what he wanted to say.

The cricket's chirp was the only thing that was able to hear but he finally opened his mouth.

"I have this feeling..." he muttered.

I listened in.

"I feel like something bad is coming. My instinct says we should move out of here tomorrow." Zuko said. I looked up at his face and saw his eyes were focused on his shoes, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

I nodded in understanding and placed my hand over his, "If you're sure, we'll be ready. Let's go pack some stuff just in case, shall we?" I asked smiling a little.

He looked up to my face and our eyes locked. His mind seemed to be running a million thoughts as he was debating what to do next.

Before I could say or do anything, his soft plump lips were on mine. My eyes opened for a split second before relaxing completely and closed my eyes shut.

My hand flew to Zuko's cheek as I felt his hand on my lower back and pulled me closer, to his warm chest.

I could feel his heart skipped multiple beats and I think mine did as well, making me melt in his touch.