47. Guru Pathik

Yozora's POV

I started waking up from my nap as the sunshine landed on my face. "Where... *yawn* are we?" I asked Appa and pat his head. He growled in response.

I looked around and saw tall temples. "Huh?" my eyes widened at the unknown place. The place was completely empty, meaning,... it was where Air Nomads used to be....

The sun comes from the east and it was peaking from that way... so we're in The Eastern Air Temple!

"Appa! When did I tell you to go here!?" I told him accusingly. "We were supposed to be heading Ba Sing Se to find Aang and the others!"

He growled in frustration as we landed in the center of the main temple. "Alright... I'll take it as your mini vacation." I rolled my eyes as I mounted off of him.

Appa started gnawing the now dusty railing. "Appa, no! That's dirty!" I said trying to shoo him off of the old railing. He coughed as he tried to wipe the dust off of his tongue. "Told ya." I said, chuckling to myself softly.

We started to look around the outside of the air temple, where we crossed a bridge. Appa and I reached a balcony and tried to enjoy the view.

"Gosh... I need to go into the Spirit World to talk to Aang... Maybe that'll help us find them faster..." I muttered under my breath as I absorbed the beautiful view.

As my eyes traveled down from the blue sky, I saw a man meditating and looked over-joyed. Appa seemed to notice him as well as he ran over to the man, earning a harsh warning from me.

"Appa! No!" I whisper yelled. The flying bison knocked the man down and licked the man's face.

"Hello. I am Guru Pathik." the man blinked in confusion.

"A Guru?" my eyes widened as I watched them. Appa flew to the back of the balcony as he growled at the guru.

"I know I'm not the person you expected. And I didn't expect to be licked by a giant tongue just now." Pathik said. "The world is full of surprises!"

"Wait, you said you were a guru, right?" I asked, revealing myself.

He nodded silently.

"My name is Princess Yozora from the Northern Water Tribe, and I'm the Avatar's spiritual guardian." I told him.

"Yes, yes, I know. I was actually expecting you, young spirit." he said much to my surprise.

"Actually, I had a vision many years ago about helping the young Avatar and his guardian how to master their powers. That's why I came to Eastern Air Temple!" he gave me a close eyed smile.

"W-wait, really?" my mouth dropped. "You can actually help me control The Spirit State?"

"Oh yes, indeed! The Spirit State is very much like the Avatar State, so it would be easy enough." Guru Pathik said.

I bowed to him, "Please teach me how to master my powers, Guru Pathik."

"Okay, but before that, I need to talk to the Avatar's bison." Guru Pathik rose up from his seat and walked towards Appa. Appa growled at the man but when his hand touched his head, Appa relaxed.

"Oh, dear. You've been through so much recently. Hurt and betrayed. So twisted up inside." Pathil moved his hand. "You're still full of love. Ah. But fear has moved in where trust should be."

I stayed silent as I heard Pathik's explanations.

"Oh, your emotions are so turbulent. Like swirling storm clouds. Let the clouds in your mind be gentle, peaceful ones." he told him while Appa purred. He took out some fruits from his robes and gave them to Appa, earning a happy growl.