4.

Deja in the MM

Tiana
3 hours later
7pm

Stirring in my sleep, I felt my phone vibrating in my sweatpants pocket. I stretched my body out, trying to wake myself before I panicked, looking at the time.

"Fuck." I whisper yelled, seeing Connor currently calling me and a bunch of missed calls from my mother.

I quickly hopped out of the bed, leaving the room to go to the bathroom down the hall.

"Hello." I quickly answered my phone, closing the door behind me.

"Babe, what's going on? I've been calling you for hours."

"Where are you?" Connor's voice came through the phone, making me cringe.

"I'm on my way. Please just tell my mom that I got held up at a friend's."

"Again?" He asked in disbelief and I sighed deeply.

"Yes again." I rolled my eyes.

"Just tell her and I'll be there in maybe twenty minutes." I rushed to tell him before hanging up the phone completely.

Once I did, I sat my phone on the sink and looked at myself in the mirror.

This is so wrong, Tiana. You're going to get someone hurt. I thought to myself.

I knew this was wrong, every time I did something sneaky I would feel so guilty about it but I was stuck. It was either be with Connor or not graduate and I only have five months left, I couldn't just stop now.

I just couldn't.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, a knock came to the bathroom door and I quickly got myself together. I flushed the empty toilet then began to wash my hands, silently praying whoever it was didn't hear any of my sneaky conversation.

"Tiana." I heard Dej's voice as I turned off the faucet and quickly dried my hands.

"Yeah." I spoke back, opening the door and she stood there just looking at me.

"You good?" She asked, knitting her eyebrows.

"Look like you just saw ghost, girl." She joked and I smiled small, walking passed her.

"Yeah, I'm good." I said, walking back to Dom's room and she nodded before going into the bathroom.

My heart pounded, feeling as if you could see it bursting through my shirt. Having two lives was nerve wracking, especially when the person you loved had no clue of what was going on.

I just wanted to love Dom and reach my goals but obviously the two were conflicts of interest. And I wasn't willing to give either up.

Walking back into the room, Dom was still asleep and I turned on his light to fill the pitch black room.

"Come on, Tiana. What the fuck." He stressed sleepily, placing his arm over his eyes.

"I'm sorry but it's time to get up. I'm about to go." I told him and he stay in that position, sighing heavily.

"Na' you staying with me tonight."

"Babe.." I trailed off and he removed his arm before sitting up to look at me.

"We went through this yesterday. Okay?"

"I've already stayed longer than I should've as is. I really love you but I have to go." I explained, putting my shoes on.

"Aight." He nodded simply, making me look up at him as he now sat at the edge of the bed with his shirt off.

"Walk me to the door?" I asked him innocently as he sat there pouting.

"Yeah, give me a minute." He said, slowly standing to his feet and patting his pockets.

"Okay, I'll be downstairs." I told him while he moved like a snail. Purposely.

Making my way out of the room and down the staircase, the living room was surprisingly empty.

"Yo, Dom. Where you about to go?" I heard Dej ask him as he stood at the top of the staircase.

"I'm about to walk T to the door, what's up?" He asked, looking back.

"When you get finished, come here." She spoke with urgency and he nodded, finally coming down the steps.

"Ready?" He asked me and I nodded slowly, not really wanting to go but this was every time. I knew I had to, no matter how bad I wanted to stay.

"I'll see you later, okay?" I spoke, turning around to look at him and he nodded.

"Yeah. Maybe next time I can have a whole day witcha, not just a few hours.." He trailed off, passive aggressively. Obviously trying to start with me.

"I'll try my best, babe. I promise you."

"Yeah.."

"Coo." Was all he said as I looked into his eyes one last time as I leaned in to peck his lips.

"I'll call you tonight, okay?"

"Yeah." He said, dismissing me. I stood there for a while longer before finally pulling away and making my way to my car. I knew he was upset but there was nothing I could do. It was either stay or graduate.

"I love you." I said again as I made my way. He angrily watched me as I did, shaking his head. 

He'll understand.

*

Dom

I watched as T got into her car and pulled off before I made my way back into the house. I knew I was acting like a female right now, getting mad because she had to go but she was my baby. I just wanted to spend as much time as I could with her.

She don't really understand it because she ain't grow up how I did but a nigga was born and raised in the trenches. I had to cherish every moment because life could be over in a blink of an eye out this bitch.

I just wanted time with her.

"Yo, Dom." Dej called again as I walked into the crib.

"What's up?" I asked again, plopping down onto the couch. Wondering what the fuck she wanted.

She came running down the staircase as I looked up, watching her.

"What's up with you?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her sudden spur of urgency.

"Whatchu wanted to talk about?"I went onto ask, watching as she scrolled her phone before sighed deeply.

"You know what.." She started then stopped.

"What's up?" I asked, slouching into the chair more, unenthusiastically.

"Here." She passed me the phone, confusing me.

"What's this?"

"You know whose phone this is right?" She asked and I shook my head, confused. She then locked the screen and showed me the background.

It was me and Tiana.

"Oh, this T phone?" I furrowed my eyebrows, taking it from her.

"Yeah.." She trailed off, standing to her feet.

"She left it in the bathroom. Unlocked." She went on and I shook my head.

"Well damn. Whatchu gon' through her shit for?" I spat as she raised her eyebrows.

"Because I was being nosey but I should've minded my business from the start." She scoffed.

"Why what's up?" I asked, curious what she was rapping about.

"Nothing, kid. I'm just about to go to the bar. I'll see you later." She went on to say, confusing me. I said nothing else as she walked out of the house and I sat there with T's phone in my hand.

I debated on going through it but I quickly decided not to because I wasn't no weird nigga. I never went through her phone before and I trusted my girl, if she was hiding some shit from me, that would be on her. She already know how I get down.

I don't take kindly to disrespect.

*

Y'all think Dej knows?

🤗