34.

Tiana
Next Day

"Mom!" I called as I walked into the house.

"Mom!" I called again, dropping my keys on the table.

"Hello?!"

"I'm in the kitchen, Tiana." She finally answered as I made my way towards it.

"Hey."

"Hey. Where've you been the past three days?" She asked, taking a sip from her coffee as I sat down at the table.

"Dominic's." I shrugged as a smile graced her face.

"Have the two of you worked everything out?" She asked and I nodded slowly, thinking about the pregnancy stare.

"Yeah. We're figuring things out."

"Still not together." I mumbled.

Lord knows I was ready us to be finally be together again but it was still all up to him.

"Oh okay. I'm happy for you, I have hope for you two." She stood to her feet and placed her empty coffee cup into the sink.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course, Tiana."

"Me too." I admitted, looking down, trying to figure out if I actually wanted to tell her about the pregnancy scare or not.

"Mom, I want to tell you something." I blurted out, instantly getting all of her attention.

"What's wrong?" She asked seriously, coming back to the table and taking a seat.

"Um.." I trailed off, looking down at my hands.

"Well I had a-" I started but stopped, looking up at her.

"I had a pregnancy scare." I ended up saying and she just stared at me blankly.

"I took three pregnancy test and they were all positive."

"Really?" She gasped and I nodded slowly.

"But then I went to the clinic yesterday and they ran test on me.."

"And we found out I wasn't really pregnant." I sighed deeply and she sat there for a while collecting her words, obviously speechless.

"I don't know how to feel about it." I admitted and she sighed, reaching across the table to grab my hand.

"Well how do you feel? Did you want to be?" She went onto ask and I shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Kind of."

"I just graduated, mom." I sighed heavily.

"But the way Dominic talked about it last night, I feel like it really broke him." I admitted to her and she raised her eyebrows.

"What'd he say?"

"He told me he really wanted me to be and I was so happy about not being. Now I feel so bad because I didn't know that he was feeling that way, you know?"