6.

Tiana
20 minutes later

Pulling up to my house, I sat in my car for a while, bawling my eyes out. Dom and I rarely got into it but when we did, it always hurt me the most. His words really had an effect on me because I knew that most of them were true. I knew I was lying, I knew I was cheating and deep down inside, I felt like he knew too.

I just wanted all of this to simply be over.

"Please be over soon." I spoke quietly to myself, trying to figure out ways I could get out of this.

Breaking me away from my thoughts, my phone rang loudly as I looked down at it. Of course it was Dom calling and though I was still upset with him, I couldn't even bring myself to ignore him. I wouldn't dare.

"Hello." I spoke softly, wiping my tears away.

"Baby." His raspy voice came through the phone and I relunctantly broke down into tears again.

I couldn't help it.

"Tiana." He called as I continued. Just letting it all out at this point. I couldn't stop. It was so much more than just this argument weighing on my mind.

I couldn't take it anymore. I was breaking.

"Listen to me." He spoke up as I slowly got myself together.

"Stop crying." He spoke sternly.

"You hear' me?" He asked and I sniffed a couple times before finally doing as told.

"I hear you, babe." I cleared my throat, getting myself together.

"Listen, T. I apologize for acting like that with you."

"I had a lot of shit on my mind already and you coming to get that phone kind of put the icing the cake for me."

"I was in my own head and I shouldn't have just took that shit out on you, ma."

"You know I ain't never tryna make you cry. Ever." He spoke sternly and I nodded, listening to his words.

"I do everything I can to keep a smile on that pretty face, baby. I don't ever want to see you cry, especially not because of some bullshit I did."

"That ain't even my character." He went on.

"And I ain't accusing you of nothing, I know nobody can't have my girl. We five, gon' on six years in.." He trailed off.

"I trust you with my life, T."

"You hear me. I trust you with everything in me, baby." He said again for confirmation and my lip trembled.

Hearing those words broke my heart more than ever as I listened closely. He didn't deserve any of this. I had to come out, I had to tell him.

"Dom. Babe. I need to tell-"

"Na', let me finish." He went on, clearing his throat.

"I trust you and I'a never go through your phone on some insecure shit."

"You hear me?" He went on and I nodded sadly.

"Yes, I hear you."

I was ruining everything, I knew once he found out about this, we would be done for good. There was no coming back after this. No way.

But I had to finally stand up and say something. It was well worth it rather than keeping these lies going for so long. I'd just hold on to hope that one day we'd be able to work through it.

"Babe, before you go on." I trailed off.

"I really need to talk to you about something."

"Aight. Go ahead, ma. I'm all ears." He said before I sighed deeply, watching a car pull up behind me.

Fuck. Connor parents. I thought to myself.

"Okay, look. I'm going to call you before I go to bed tonight and we're going to talk about something important. Okay?"

"Why we can't talk now?"

"Because babe, the dinner is still happening snd I need to get inside." I watched as my mother stood at the front door, welcoming Connor's parents.

"Aight. Well don't forget to call me. I want to hear your voice before I go to sleep, ma."

"Okay, I promise I won't forget." I expressed to him.

"Aight. I love you."

"I love you too." I spoke softly before ending the call.

Once I did, I sat there for a while, collecting my words for what I would say to him tonight. I was going to tell him the truth and I needed it all to be clear.

*
1 hour later

"That dinner was absolutely amazing, Wanda." Connor's mom spoke to my as my mother cut her eye at her.

"Thank you so much, Sarah and John." She slickly spoke back as they got ready to go.

"And it was so nice meeting you, Tiana. You're such a beautiful girl." She ran her hands through my hair, making me gasp and look at my mom.

"The three of you have a great night now." My mother spoke, trying to get them out of the house as quickly as possible.

"Tiana, I'll call you?" Connor asked and I scoffed, shaking my head.

"See you later." I said as they walked out of the door and my mother closed it behind them, putting her back to it.

"Mom, I'm not dating him anymore. I'd rather be single." I said to her as she shook her head.

"I prefer that over a drug dealer and a snob any day." She wen onto say as she walked back into the kitchen.

Happiness washed over me as she did, while I took a seat on the living room couch. Connor's mom and dad ended up showing their asses tonight at dinner, completely turning my mom off with their racist, narcissistic acts and I couldn't be happier.

"Tiana, he's through." She spoke loudly from the kitchen, making me laugh.

"Yeah."

"I'm staying single." I lied through my teeth, just happy that I could now get through the rest of the semester with paid tuition and one boyfriend, that I love sincerely.

I smiled in completed joy as I thought about what I was going to possibly have to tell Dom tonight. Since this happened, I no longer had to say anything. Connor and I were done and I could strictly focus on him and I now.

Finally. I smiled from ear to ear.

I mean, though Connor and I did kiss a lot and I'd allowed him to give me head one time when I thought I was going to be done with Dom. I took that all into consideration and decided I was going to take it with me to the grave. It meant nothing and I wasn't going to lose the love of my life because of it.

He would never forgive me for that or understand what I was going through so I refused.

Fuck that.

*

This girl stressing me out. 🧘🏽‍♀️ Let us pray for Tiana and her lies.