5.

Tiana
30 minutes later
7:30pm

"Tiana, why are you late? I told you to be home by four o'clock to help me set up."

"I told Connor to tell you guys I was held up at a friend's." I rolled my eyes, looking over to Connor, who was currently turning red from embarrassment.

"Stop that disgusting rolling of your eyes." She demanded.

"And who is this friend anyway?" She eyed me and my attire as I looked away from her.

"A friend from school." I lied through my teeth and she nodded slowly.

"Very well. Go upstairs and freshen up. We'll get the table set."

"Connor's parents will be here any minute." She said and I nodded, making my way out of the kitchen and the hot seat.

Making my way upstairs, I walked up to my room and dropped all of my things onto the floor. I sat down on my bed, reminiscing about being with Dom.

I missed him already and I was ready to go back.

Deciding I would call him, I grabbed my jacket and looked into my pockets, not feeling my phone anywhere.

"What the-" I stopped all together, thinking of the last time I'd had it.

"Shit." I facepalmed myself, remembering I'd sat it down in the bathroom back at Dom's place.

"Oh my god." I panicked, standing to my feet and grabbing my car keys.

I had to go and get it before he went through it and saw something that I knew he wouldn't like. I couldn't risk it.

Dashing out of my room, I made my way back downstairs and into the kitchen.

"I have to go. I left my phone over at Stephanie's." I said, making up any name as I walked into the kitchen.

"What? My parents will be here any minute." Connor bitched and I cut my eye at him.

"Well, I left my phone. I'll be back." I fussed as my mother looked over to me.

"It's only a phone, you can do without for the night."

"Um, no I can not." I talked back, not even about to play on the fact that Dom could easily find out that I was cheating on him tonight. No way.

"I know you are not talking back to me young lady, you need to watch your mouth and the way that you're talking to Connor. He's been nothing but nice to you."

"Sorry, mom and Sorry, Connor." I shook my head in disappointment at my actions, simply just ready to get out of here.

"But I really really need to get my phone. It's important." I expressed and I listened to Connor scoff as my mother simply shook her head.

"Fine but make it quick, Tiana. We don't have all night."

"What? She can't go. My parents want to meet her."

"Connor it's fine." My mother calmed him as I shook my head.

"Well at least make it quick. I'm going to call you when they arrive." He went onto say and that did nothing but light a fire under my ass.

Leaving quickly out of the kitchen, I made my way outside and unlock my car doors. I got in, slamming my door behind me as I crunk up and pulled out of the drive way.

My mind was clouded but I knew I needed to get over to Dom's quick. I didn't need him going through my phone and finding anything. That was the last thing I needed.