48.

Tiana
1 month later
12pm

"Hey, T."

"Hey." I spoke to Deja as I came into the house.

I'd just got off of work and made my way over here since I hadn't seen Dom in almost a week. I was missing him and he was missing me and the baby so I'd told him I'd come see him today.

"What's that?" I asked sitting down in the dining room, watching as she ate.

"Halal." Was all she said as she kept eating, making it look so good.

"Give me some." I told her and she slanted her lips.

"No."

"Please." I practically begged, hearing my stomach growl.

"Whatchu ain't eat today?" She asked and I said nothing as a smile crept onto my face.

"I'm snitchin'." She said and I smacked my lips. She knew that Dominic was really overbearing these days and he would practically force me to eat even when I wasn't hungry. The doctors had told us I needed to eat more but I wasn't much of a foodie, I could eat one meal a day and be fine.

He didn't like that though.

"Shut up." I ended up saying, not wanting her to tell.

"Where is he anyway?" I asked, looking behind me.

"He just went to go handle some business. Should be back in a min-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, the front door opened, making the both of us look.

"What's up, ma?" He smiled, seeing me first.

"Hey." I waved as he came into the dining room, kissing my cheek and putting a hand on my stomach.

"Why you ain't get me none?" He asked Dej and she smacked her lips as he left us, walking away into the kitchen.

"Y'all hungry asses need to go get y'all own food." She blurted out, being stingy while the both of us laughed.

"Pause."

"T, you ain't eat?" He ended up asking from the kitchen and I smacked my lips, looking at Deja with my lip turned up.

"Should've fed my nephew." She shrugged as she continued to eat her food and I looked down at my hands.

"No. I wasn't hungry but now I am and Deja's not sharing her food." I explained as she laughed.

"Na' she just tryna blame me because she didn't eat today." She went onto say as Dominic came out of the kitchen, looking directly at me.

"Why you ain't eatin', ma?" He looked at me seriously and I sighed deeply, knowing that he wasn't playing with me.

"I really wasn't hungry." I expressed to him as he made his way over to me.

"I know but you gotta eat, Tiana. The doctor already told you that."

"Why you ain't listenin'?"

"Okay, fine. I'll eat but I just want what she has." I pointed, expressing it to him and he nodded.

"Aight. How bout' you and Deja go and grab some." He said to me, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Here." He told me, digging in his pocket and pulling out a wad of money.

"First of all.." I trailed off.

"It's not this much, Dominic." I told him as he put too much money in my hand and I ended up taking what I needed then putting the rest on the table.