49.

Tiana

Bawling my eyes out, Deja and I sat in her car while she was on the phone with the jails. They kept trying to say that Dominic wasn't in the system yet so there was nothing they could do. While I was over here freaking out, just hoping he would be able to come back home to me and our son.

"Just calm down, T." Deja ended up saying to me as I cried my heart out.

"Can you please get him home, Deja? Please." I practically begged and she looked away from me while I sat there crying.

Looking down at my hands, I began to think of so many different scenarios for why he was arrested and of course I couldn't help but to keep thinking about drugs and murder. Dom was no saint so if he was arrested, it had to be for something as drastic as the two.

"Stop stressing yourself out like that, T. You're carrying my nephew and this crazy ass nigga baby.."

"And you know he wouldn't want you all upset right na'." She explained but I was trying to listen but I couldn't contain myself, I was too in my head right now.

I knew I was in deep because I'd began to picture myself a single mother, taking care of our son alone and having to take him to see Dom behind a block of glass.

"Just get him home, Deja."

"Please." I spoke barely over a whisper as she kept her phone on speaker since they'd place her on hold.

Deciding we'd been sitting here long enough, she finally pulled away from the hair salon, that'd closed over an hour ago. The whole ride home, I bawled while looking out of the window. The day was going so well and Dominic and I were doing so good and now this.

"Just chill out." Deja assured but I'd already blocked her out. Nobody could make me okay except for Dominic right now. I needed to see him or at least talk to him and know he was okay.

It didn't take us long to get back to the house, when we did, I saw a bunch of guys on the porch but of course none of them were Dom.

Cutting the engine, Deja got out of the car and I got out after her. We'd made our way to the house and up onto the porch while she stayed outside with them and I stood there not knowing what to do.

I was lost for the first time in my life, lost without my other half. I just stood there, watching as everybody talked and joked and I was beginning to feel completely alone.

"Aight, T." Deja laughed, looking down at her phone before the screen door opened, making me quickly look.

Dominic came out of the house laughing as everybody else did the same and I turned on my heels, jetting out of there.

"Baby." He called after me as I tried to go quickly down the steps but he'd caught my pregnant ass.

"T." He continued to laugh as he turned me around to him and I looked into his eyes with my tears filled ones.

"You think you're so funny don't you?" I asked him and he smirked.

"It's not funny, Dominic." I hit him in the chest, making him raise his eyebrows.

"You gon' hit me?" He asked with an amused face and I nodded with a pout.

"You really scared me." I whined, realizing that this was all a joke and Deja was in on it.

"I know, baby. I'm sorry."

"No. I hate you." I went on as he laughed in my face and I just wanted to beat him up right now.

"I apologize, ma." He apologized once his laughter died down but I didn't accept that shit. I was so mad at him right now.

"Stop cryin'. Whatchu cryin' for?" His laughter returned as he grabbed my waist tightly.