23.

Tiana
Same morning

"You play too much." I continued to fuss at Dom about his stupid joke.

He was still going on about it, he thought it was so funny but I really couldn't even be mad. I was honestly happy that he was able to joke about it now. Lord knows we've came a long way since then.

"So now what?" I asked taking a deep breath as we laid in the bed together.

"Watchu mean, T?" He asked, looking up at the ceiling while I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.

"We had sex last night. You initiated it." I reminded him.

"So what's next now? What are we doing?" I asked, fully turning around to him and he reverted his eyes to me.

"I don't know, ma'." He went onto say, making me sit all the up.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I asked in disbelief and he just looked at me.

"I don't know." He repeated and I could feel the hurt in the pits of my stomach.

"Oh okay. You don't know." I nodded, feeling like a complete idiot.

"But you were completely sure about having sex with me though right?" I asked, becoming emotional. I'd knew having sex with him last night came with risk such as this but I was hopeful. Hopeful that we could try to work on us again afterwards.

At least he'd made it seem that way when we were having sex.

"Watchu gettin' all defensive for, T?" He knitted his eyebrows as if I wasn't supposed to feel a way.

"We're havin' a good morning and you sitting' here tryn' start arguments."

"I'm not trying to start an argument but I have every right to be defensive."

"Yeah?"

"Yes! We had sex last night, Dominic.

"..a lot of it. So I deserve to know if you actually want to make this work or not." I fussed and he sighed deeply, looking away from me.

"I don't know right na', T and that's just what it is."

"Yeah, I wanted to fuck on you last night but that don't change the circumstances. It ain't all good with us and I'm not gon' force it to be."

"Yeah, I missed you and I'm happy to have you around again but shit don't just disappear. We got a lot to figure out."

"What is there to figure out, Dominic?!"

"Do you love me or not?" I went onto ask and he just stayed quiet.

"Do you love me? Yes or no? I asked again, awaiting his answer. If he didn't, I would go and say forget all of this.

"Yes." He ended up saying, easing my mind a bit.

"Yes, I love you, T."

"And I'm always gon' love you but that don't change shit." He shook his head.

"I told you before and I'm gon' tell you again, love can't save us."

"I need to be able to trust you, ma and right na', I just don't."

"Oh, you still don't trust me but you were about to have sex with me with no condom on last night before I reminded you." I scoffed, standing to my feet.

"You're really full of it, Dom." I began to put my clothes back on.

"But that's okay because I expected this."