39.

Back again🙂

Tiana

Pulling up to Dominic's house, I could already see that there were so many people outside on the porch. They were mostly Deja's friends but I already knew the only reason they were all actually here was to be nosey.

"You good?" Dom asked as he cut the engine and I simply shook my head no.

"Babe."

"I don't want to stay here tonight." I expressed becoming even more anxious than I was leaving the hospital.

"T." He sighed deeply.

"I really don't, Dominic." I went on, looking at all of the guys on the step. Though I knew they were friends and harmless to me, I just didn't trust anyone at the moment. Around me or Dom.

"Please." I practically begged.

"Aight, baby. Where you wun' go?"

"You wun' get a room downtown for the night?" He asked, referring to a hotel downtown and I shrugged.

"I mean, that does sound better for now.."

"I just can't be here tonight after what happened. I thought I could get passed it but I can't, babe."

"It's too soon."

"Like I know you won't let anything happen to me but it's not even just fear at this point, I'm actually creeped out." I explained and he nodded slowly.

"Aight, baby."

"We gon' get a room tonight."

"But I need to go and handle some shit right quick though, so come on. We ain't gon' be here long." He said, getting out of the car and I nodded, waiting for him to come over to my side and help me.

When he did, he opened my door and slowly helped me out of the car before grabbing the crutches.

"Here, bae." He said to me, trying to give them to me but I completed rejected it.

"I'm not walking with them." I told him as he closed the car door.

"Tiana." He spoke sternly, holding onto my arm as I slowly made my way to the stairs.

"I'm not walking with them, Dominic." I spat, rolling my eyes and he shook his head, letting out a sigh.

"Don't fuckin' listen." Was all I heard him say as we made our way up onto the porch.

"Aw damn, they got T out here all bandaged up." One of the guys spoke as everybody watched as Dom helped me up the staircase.

"What's up with you, bro?" They all spoke to Dom and he responded with a head nod.

"T, how that shit feel?" Another guy asked me but I'd completely ignored him. I was already exhausted with all of this walking plus the pressure on my leg wasn't making this any better.

"Gon' head, ma." Dom held the door for me as I slowly walked into the house.

When we finally made it in, Deja was on the couch counting money before she looked over to Dom and I.

"Yo, I just called you. I need to talk to you about that shit." She went onto say and Dominic nodded.

"Aight. Hol' on, I'a be back."

"Come on, T." He then said to me, helping me up the steps.

It took us about 20 minutes and a hundred complaints later for me to make it up the steps. The stairs, who used to seem super easy to climb, had become an entire obstacle course for me.