1

{Olivia}

'Oh, come on, you can't stay in your room forever,' Nora says. She just asked me to go to a party, but I'm not feeling it. 'It's been two weeks. You can't blame yourself forever.'

'I'm not going,' I say, grabbing my blanket to hide myself underneath it.

'Olivia, I'm your best friend,' Nora says as she pulls the blanket off of me. 'I know you better than anyone else. It will be good for you to go out again. Besides, it's the first party of our senior year. It will be huge!' She sounds really excited.

'I'm really not feeling it,' I sigh. Nora gives me a disappointed look.

'I guess I will have to go all by myself then,' she says dramatically. 'All alone, with no other friends. Maybe I shouldn't go. I will never meet my prince charming if I can't go out.' I roll my eyes and get up. She knows my weak spots.

'Fine,' I groan. 'I'm coming, but only for you.'

'Yes!' she shrieks as she pulls me into a hug. 'Come on, I'll do your hair and make up.' She pushes me into the chair and puts her dark brown curls up in a bun. She rummages through my make up to find my foundation. I have quite a lot of make up, but Nora uses it more often than I do. She always uses my make up, even though we have completely different skin tones. Nora is light skinned and always looks tanned and my skin is really light, especially during the winter. But since it's still summer, I have a slight tan.

'Have you seen Liam today?' Nora asks as she applies some foundation on my skin. I nod and sigh.

'He still hasn't made any progress,' I tell her. 'The doctors don't know what the damage will be when he wakes up from his coma.'

'But he will wake up, right?' Nora asks. 'He has to. We're supposed to graduate together.'

'I hope so,' I mumble. 'I just wish we hadn't fought that day.'

'Liv, you can't do anything about it anymore,' Nora tells me. 'It happened and yeah it sucks, but you have to look forward. Liam is crazy about you. He won't leave this earth even if hell forced him.' I smile and nod. She's right.

After Nora has done my hair and make up I squeeze myself into one of my older dresses. I really should stop binge eating.

'Let's go,' Nora says when we're both ready. 'Time to find some hot boys for me.' Laughing, I shake my head before I follow her downstairs.

Once we've arrived at the party Nora pushes everyone aside to let us through, followed by a few angry looks. Nora doesn't care though, she never did. You don't want to get at Nora's bad side. She has no problem with expressing her feelings towards you if she doesn't like you. Nora leads us to the kitchen and makes us a drink. Carefully I take a sip and look around. I recognize a lot of people from our school, some of them are seniors, others are juniors. This actually is a party for only seniors, to kick off our last year at high school, but juniors always manage to get in.

'Oh my god, hi!' Katie is walking towards us. 'I haven't seen you guys in forever!' She pulls me and Nora into a hug and I can clearly smell the alcohol. She's drunk.

'Hey Katie,' I greet her. Nora rolls her eyes and I chuckle. She doesn't like Katie that much, as you can tell. Suddenly Nora's eyes go wide and she gets an angry look at her face.

'Oh, hell no,' she groans as she walks away. I raise my eyebrows and look at where she's going, until I see her little sister, Heather. She's two years younger than Nora and a sophomore. They have the same dark brown curls and actually look a lot alike.

'What are you doing here?!' Nora asks her.

'Partying,' Heather answers, shrugging her shoulders.