15

{Olivia}

I haven't spoken to Caleb all week, not since we last talked after I fought with Camila. I can't face him, not now. Not when my feelings are a mess. I went to visit Liam, but I just felt guilty whenever I'm around him.

I've tried not to think about Caleb, I really did, but I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing, if he was thinking about me. I even dreamt of him, of his hands, traveling down my body, his lips caressing my neck.

'Olivia!' Nora yells and I look up, waking from my thoughts.

'I'm sorry, what?' I ask her.

'Are you thinking about Caleb again?' she asks me and I feel my cheeks turn hot.

'Is it that obvious?' I mumble.

'Liv, you've been daydreaming about him all week,' Nora tells me. 'Maybe... You should just talk to him.' I immediately shake my head.

'No, I can't do that,' I say. Nora laughs.

'You are such a prude sometimes,' she says. 'You're just afraid you'll get rejected.'

'It's not that,' I murmur. 'It doesn't matter what I feel for Caleb. I'm still with Liam.'

'Do you think that Liam would want you to feel unhappy?' Nora asks me as she puts on her dark blue dress. 'Of course, the timing sucks. But you have to do what's best for you. If you want to be with Caleb-'

'Then what?' I interrupt her. 'I can't start anything with him since I can't break up with Liam. I can't even talk to him!' Nora sighs and sits down next to me on her bed.

'Listen, I know it's hard,' she mumbles. 'But maybe... Maybe you need to accept that you and Liam might not be endgame. I mean, it says a lot if you develop feelings for someone else.'

'I don't want to think about any of that right now,' I sigh. 'I just want to get drunk and forget everything.' Nora smiles and nods, agreeing with me. Tonight won't be about Caleb or Liam, even though Caleb will be at Isaac's party as well.

'Do you think Isaac will like this dress?' Nora asks, looking at herself in the mirror.

'Of course,' I say. 'That dress looks stunning on you.' She smiles and hands me mine.

'Put it on. We're already late.'

About half an hour later we arrive at the party. As soon as we're inside Nora looks around, looking for Isaac. Suddenly she frowns, before an angry look appears on her face, so I follow her gaze. There is a girl hanging around Isaac's neck.

'Excuse me,' she mutters before she barges towards them. Nora wraps her arms around Isaac waist, which causes the girl to let go of him.

'I've missed you,' Nora says to Isaac, kissing his cheek. She sends the girl a deadly look and she mumbles something before she walks away. Isaac looks a little surprised about what just happened, but I just laugh. That's Nora. Always claiming what's hers. I'm glad she opened up to Isaac more now. She won't let anyone get in her way.

I decide to make my way towards the kitchen when I bump into someone.

'Sorry,' we both say and when I look up I see Caleb. Of course it just has to be him, out of all people.

'Hey,' Caleb says as she shoves his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

'Hey,' I mumble. Caleb bites his lip, unsure what to say which results in an awkward silence.

'I... haven't seen you around much lately,' Caleb says then. He clears his throat.

'No, I've been busy,' I lie. 'With homework and stuff.' And trying to hide my feelings for you... Caleb nods understandingly.

'I was just getting a drink,' I say then to take the subject of the conversation elsewhere. 'Do you want anything?'

'No, thanks,' he declines my offer. 'I'll see you around.' I nod and quickly continue my way to the kitchen. I mix a drink for myself, with a little bit more alcohol than necessary, but who cares? I came here to get drunk and forget everything.

One cup after the other follows as I'm watching everyone have fun. There are people dancing, grinding against each other and some people are lying on the couch for dead. I haven't seen Isaac and Nora anymore. Or maybe I have... I don't even know. I take another sip, so my cup is empty and move towards the imaginary dance floor.

I let my body move along with the rhythm of the music, screaming my lungs out. My dress starts to crawl up, but I couldn't care less. I don't care about anything anymore. The room spins around me and the beat of the music is synchronizing with my heartbeat.

'Olivia...' Someone wraps his strong, muscular arms around my waist and I open my eyes to see Caleb in front of me. My heart skips a beat before it starts to pound in my chest.

'Hey!' I greet him. Caleb laughs.

'Mind if I dance with you?' he asks me and I shake my head. Soon both our bodies are moving. I don't know if you can call it dancing since we probably look like fools.

Our bodies are almost touching as we dance close together. Sometimes I accidentally touch his arm or his hand. I can tell Caleb is drunk too, I can see it in his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes...

'Your eyes are beautiful!' I yell above the music so he can hear me.

'You are beautiful,' Caleb says back and I can't help but blush. For a moment we stare into each others eyes. Caleb slowly wraps his arm around my waist as he brings his face closer to me.

'You are so, so gorgeous,' he murmurs, his thumb tracing the outer lines of my lips. My heart is racing now. Suddenly his lips are close to mine, almost touching.

Almost...

Just one centimeter left.

'I know you want this just as bad as I do,' he mumbles as his fingertips stroke against my cheek, towards my neck.

'I... I have a boyfriend,' I breathe, desperately trying not give in to his touch.

'You and I both know that we belong together.'

I can feel his breath against my skin, feeling my body burn with desire, until someone pulls me away from him.

'Olivia,' Nora hisses as she drags me along with her. 'What the hell were you thinking?'

'I...' I stammer as I realize what just happened, or what almost happened.

'You what?' Nora says. 'Weren't thinking straight? I can tell. The Olivia I know would never cheat on her boyfriend.'

'I just...' I whisper. 'I...' What have I done?

'Look, I get that you're confused about the whole situation,' Nora sighs. 'But this isn't the way, Liv. I've saved your ass now, because I know you wouldn't do this when you're sober, but I won't drag you with me each time you want to kiss him. It's your own choice.'

'I'm officially the worst girlfriend ever,' I mumble, and I can't help but cry. I hate myself for this. I don't know what would've happened if Nora didn't drag me away from Caleb.

'Is she okay?' I hear someone ask and I look up to find Isaac. 'You can take her upstairs, to my room.' Nora nods and gives him a soft smile before she helps me get up and lead me up the stairs.

Once we're in Isaac's room she helps me sit down on the bed and leaves. Seconds later she returns with a glass of water.

'Drink this,' she says. 'It will help you sober up.' I nod and drink almost all of it at once.

'I'm even worse than Camila,' I whisper. 'God, I'm such a bitch!'

'Hey, relax,' Nora says. 'You didn't actually kiss him.'

'No, because you were there to stop me.' I bury my face in my hands as I let the tears flow.

(It's really starting now: Caleb and Olivia. Or maybe not... We'll see😉)