39

{Olivia}

After Caleb dropped me off at home I give him a quick goodbye kiss and watch him as he drives off. I breathe deeply in and out before I walk into the house. I find my mother sitting on the dining table, sipping from her coffee and scrolling through Facebook.

'Hey, Liv,' she greets me when she notices me. 'How was the party? Did you stay with Liam afterwards?'

'Mom, we need to talk,' I mumble as I sit down at the other side from the table. My mother puts her phone away and gives me a concerned look.

'What is it?' she asks me. 'Are you pregnant?'

'No, God no,' I immediately say. 'But I...Well...' How am I supposed to bring this to her? I know she'll be disappointed in me.

'Liv, just tell me,' my mother says, placing her hand on top of mine. 'I promise I won't get angry at you.'

'Liam and I are done,' I murmur.

'Oh, already?' my mother asks surprised. 'Did something happen at the party?'

'He punched Caleb, hard,' I tell her. I don't tell her the whole story. She would probably find me a slut if she finds out Caleb was about to give me a hickey. She doesn't know how those parties can be and I want to keep it that way.

'And then I realized why we don't work,' I say. 'So I broke it off.'

'Well, sometimes it's not meant to be,' my mother mumbles, taking another sip from her coffee. 'But where did you stay the night then?'

'Yeah, that was the other part I was going to tell you,' I say. 'Caleb and I are kinda back together...' I prepare myself for the storm, but my mother stays surprisingly calm.

'Olivia, honey, you need to do what feels right,' she says. 'But you keep going back and forth between them. Is it really smart to start something with Caleb already? What if you want Liam again next week?'

'Mom, Liam and I done, for real,' I tell her.

'Even if that's true,' my mother begins. 'You've been together with him for two years. Don't you think you need to take a break from boys for a while? At least for a few weeks.' I shrug my shoulders as my thoughts drift off to Caleb. I don't want to hurt him again. Maybe my mother is right, but I just know Caleb and I will be okay.

'I have an idea,' my mother suddenly says. 'What if we go away for the week? We can get a last minute trip or go to the lake house where we used to come when you were younger. So we both can take our minds off of everything.'

'Yeah, sounds fun,' I smile. That might be just what I need right now. Being away from everyone and everything. We spent a lot of time at the lake house when I was younger, before my parents began to fight all the time. We haven't been there in years. Not since I started high school.

'I'm gonna take a shower,' I tell my mother and she nods. I quickly run upstairs to the bathroom. When I look at myself in the mirror I notice I still have Calebs clothes on. They are comfortable, but maybe he wants them back. I already have another hoodies of his from when we went to the drive in theatre. I'll text him after my shower.

I sigh when the warm water hits my skin. I love taking showers. Maybe I take them a little bit too long, but who cares? Everyone deserves a good, long shower once in a while.

Once I got out of the shower and got dressed I grab my phone and see that both Nora and Caleb texted me. I decide to open Nora's text first.

[11.45 AM]

Hey, how was your evening with Caleb? Did something happen?😏

[11.50 AM]

No, nothing happened. We just slept together, nothing more

[11.50 AM]

Not even a kiss?

[11.50 AM]

Nope

By the way, I'm going away for the week with my mom. We're going to the lake house

[11.51 AM]

Nice. I guess I'll have to entertain Isaac the whole vacation then...

[11.51 AM]

As if you mind😉

Then I open Calebs text.

[11.40 AM]

Hey, did you talk to your mom?

[11.52 AM]

Yes, and she wasn't mad at all.

[11.52 AM]

Good. You left your clothes here.

[11.53 AM]

I'll pick them up next week. I'm going away for the week with my mom to get away from everything for a while.

[11.54 AM]

Understandable. Have fun x

I'll be waiting for you when you come back x

[11.54 AM]

Thank you🥰

Did you want your clothes back, by the way?

[11.55 AM]

Nah, you can keep them. I have tons of other hoodies and sweatpants.

[11.55 AM]

Are you sure?

[11.56 AM]

Don't worry about it😘

I smile and put my phone away again.

As I lie down on my bed I sigh. I really hope everything will go well between me and Caleb. It seems like he has already forgiven me. I know that's not exactly true. We still have a lot to work on, but I appreciate it that he's in a state where he can act normal around me. Most guys would've still been cold. But Caleb isn't like that. He wasn't like that with Camila and he isn't like that with me. I think it's a good trait when you can forgive people for their mistakes. And I'll try my best to be worthy of him.

(So how's everyone doing? I'm currently finishing up some schoolwork, so I hopefully have time to write tonight.

Anyways, this story isn't finished yet and I don't know how many chapters will be there because there are a few more things I want to include in this book, but I'm thinking about writing a part two. That is if I have enough inspiration of course.

But on the other hand, I have ideas for a new book and I don't really like to write two books at the same time because it takes a lot of time. So I'll have to see what I can do.

I hope you liked this chapter and I hope everyone is still healthy and doing well x)