42

{Olivia}

The minute we arrive home I let Caleb know I'm back. He responds immediately to ask if he can stop by, but I have to unpack all my bags so I decline his offer, even though I really want to see him. I spent a lot of time thinking at the lake house. I had a lot of talks with my mother, about my love life and about hers. We don't talk about that often, but it was good to hear what she had to say.

She told me that she really likes Caleb and thinks he's a good guy for me. She also told me that she saw it coming that Liam and I would split up, even before the accident. We did fight a lot back then. I just hopes he finds someone who's right for him.

While I was away I realized that I missed Caleb, more than I thought I would. I really needed this week to clear up my mind, but I'm ready now. I'm ready to give myself fully to him, and only him. If he still wants me...

'Don't you need to go to Caleb?' my mother asks me when she walks into my room. I'm unpacking my bag at the moment.

'Yes, but I'm unpacking first,' I say.

'You can do that later,' she says. 'Go to him. He'd love to see you.' Maybe she's right, so I nod and give her a quick hug.

'But put something else on,' my mother says then. 'You look like you just had a two hour drive.'

'Maybe because I had,' I say, rolling my eyes, but I can't help but smile. My mother laughs before she leaves my room. I open my closet and change into something more nice before I run downstairs.

I don't even know if Caleb is home, but we'll find out soon enough. I don't know why he'd be away. He asked me if he could come to me, so I'm assuming he's home.

After a short drive I park my car in front of Calebs house. I kinda hope his parents aren't home, but I only see Calebs car in the driveway, so maybe my prayers have been answered. I get out of the car and try not to walk too fast to the front door. I don't want to look that desperate, but who am I kidding? I missed him. I press the doorbell and when he doesn't answer in a second, I ring it again, and again.

'I'm coming!' I hear Caleb yell, right before he opens the door. My mouth nearly drops open at the sight of him and I feel butterflies in my stomach. He's shirtless. There are some sweat droplets on his upper body and his forehead, probably from his workout. His shorts hang dangerously low on his hips and I have to restrain myself from jumping into his arms.

'Olivia?' he says confused. 'I thought you couldn't meet...'

'Surprise!' I smile. Caleb smiles back and it sends tingles until my spine.

'I want to hug you, but...' He points to his sweaty body. 'Let me jump in the shower real quick. Then I'm all yours.' He wants to turn around, but then he stops himself and looks back at me.

'I missed you,' he tells me, giving me a soft kiss on my cheek before he runs upstairs.

'Make yourself at home!' he yells from upstairs and I laugh. I walk further into the house and close the front door behind me. I take my shoes and jacket off and decide to walk upstairs so I can wait in his room. I hear the water of the shower run and I just hope he makes it quick.

I lie down on his bed and look around. Nothing changed since I last was here. But what did I expect? I was here a week ago.

When Caleb walks in and sees me he gasps.

'I thought you were downstairs,' he says, grabbing the towel around his waist to prevent it from falling.

'I find it more fun in your room,' I say. 'Come here.' Caleb looks from me to his towel and then back to me.