23

{Olivia}

'You kissed?' Nora exclaims happily after I told her about last night.

'We did,' I smile.

'So, you really made up your mind then?' Nora asks me as she shoves more popcorn into her mouth.

'I guess,' I sigh. 'I really like Caleb and I know Liam and I could never go back to the way everything was before the accident. And if I'm completely honest, I don't know if our relationship was healthy. We fought a lot about the dumbest things.' Nora shrugs her shoulders.

'I don't know if it was unhealthy,' she says. 'But I do know that you loved each other very much.'

'It doesn't matter anymore,' I mumble. 'I have feelings for Caleb I can't ignore.' Suddenly I get a text from Liam.

[02.23 PM]

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I get to go home tomorrow. I still have to rest a lot, so I won't be attending school for at least a few weeks. But if you ever want to talk to me, you know where to find me. I really hope we can work this out like we always do. Also, I heard from my mother that your parents are divorcing. I'm so sorry to hear that. Just know that I'm still here for you. I love you Olivia x

'You should talk to him,' Nora says when she's read the text. 'The last time you saw him, you were both fucked up. You should talk to him like a normal person.'

'I know,' I sigh. 'I'll talk to him in a few days. He needs to be home with his mom now.'

'God, his mom must hate me,' I mumble.

'Why?' Nora asks as she leans backwards so her back rests against the couch. 'Liam is the one who cheated.'

'Yes, but I broke up with him because I have feelings for someone else,' I mumble. I can understand it if she's mad at me for breaking her sons heart.

'It's not like you can do anything about it,' Nora says. 'You can't control your feelings.' I nod and focus on the movie again.

My thoughts drift off to Caleb. He truly deserves the best. He deserves to be with someone who goes for him for the full 100%. I want to be that for him. I want to be there for him whenever he needs me, but I'm afraid I can't. I feel like I'm too caught up in my own shit to be able to be there for Caleb. I wish I met him at another time. Right person, wrong time, really is a thing. I want to be with Caleb so bad, but with everything going on, I don't know if I can. Whenever I'm around him, I feel so certain I can let go of Liam, but when I'm alone again, I'm not so sure. Caleb lets me forget everything and I feel so loved and secure around him, but I don't want to give him false hope. What if we just live in a bubble? Our perfect little bubble... Until something or someone comes around and pricks right through it.

'Liv, what are you thinking about?' Nora asks me, bringing me right back to reality.

'I don't know if I'm good enough for Caleb,' I admit.

'Of course you are,' Nora immediately says. 'You really like each other.'

'I know, but-'

'No, stop it,' Nora interrupts me. 'Don't turn your back on Caleb. He's clearly into you and you're into him. Don't let your cheating ex change your mind about yourself. Even though Liam had an accident, he still cheated on you, way before that happened. Stop blaming yourself for what happened. You had the right to be mad at him that day because you were right about him and Amy. I understand that it's hard, but you have to let him go. So in a few days, you're gonna talk to him, like normal persons, and you get your closure so you can be happy with Caleb.'