47

{Olivia}

Caleb parks his car in front of the diner and we both get out. Before we walk inside, Caleb grabs my hand to stop me.

'Liv,' he mumbles. 'I saw Liam in there.'

'Oh.' I lower my gaze. I haven't really talked to him since that party. I don't know how he feels after the whole situation. He probably doesn't even know that I'm in a relationship with Caleb now.

'Before we go inside,' Caleb murmurs. 'There's something you should know.'

'What?' I raise my eyebrow at him.

'When I was here the other day with some friends, Liam was there as well,' he tells me. 'And he wasn't alone. He was with Amy and she was wearing his jacket. They looked pretty... intimate.'

'Well, I can't exactly judge him for it, can I?' I laugh as I shrug my shoulders. It's never nice to hear that your ex has someone else, especially not if it appears to be their best friend. But I can't complain about it, since I'm with Caleb.

'Are you okay?' Caleb asks me and I nod.

'I'm fine,' I smile. 'Let's go inside.' Caleb grabs my hand and gives it a little squeeze to let me know he's here for me, before he leads me inside. I slowly look around the place to see if Nora and Isaac are already here, but all I see is Liam with his arm wrapped around Amy. They're laughing while he pushes some fries in her mouth. I bite my lip and quickly look away. Liam deserves to be happy, and if that's with Amy, that's okay.

Caleb lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around my waist, guiding me towards an empty table in the corner of the diner. We sit down facing each other and he smiles comfortingly at me.

'Don't you think you should talk to him?' Caleb asks me, nodding towards my ex-boyfriend.

'Maybe,' I sigh. 'I just... He didn't even text me or tried to call me after that night. It's clear he doesn't want to talk to me.'

'I don't think that's true,' Caleb says. 'I think he needed some time to progress everything. You've been together for two years. You can't just move on from that without talking about it.'

'You're right,' I admit. 'But tonight is not about him.' Caleb nods and smiles.

'Sorry we're late.' I look up and see Nora and Isaac. 'There was... traffic.'

'Yeah, horrible traffic,' Isaac says, grinning. I laugh and shake my head as they take a seat next to Caleb and me.

'It's getting too damn cold outside,' Nora sighs, rubbing her hands to keep herself warm.

'Yeah, it's almost winter,' I say. 'That's what happens then.' Nora rolls her eyes and gives me a soft push.

'Oh, by the way,' Nora begins. 'There is a party tonight and we're going. So no bowling.'

'Yeah, the last one went well,' I mumble. Caleb chuckles.

'That was last time,' Nora says. 'You're not in a love triangle anymore, so everything will be fine.'

'Okay,' I say. 'I'll come.' I look at Caleb to make sure he wants to go as well, since I'm spending the night at his place.

'Sure,' he says, shrugging his shoulders.

'Have you seen Liam and Amy?' Nora suddenly asks me and I nod.

'Yeah, they look like they're happy,' I mumble.

'Are you okay, though?' my best friend asks me.

'Yes, I'm fine,' I smile. 'Why wouldn't I be? I'm with Caleb.' She bites her lip as if she wants to say something else, but she doesn't and focuses on Isaac.

After we've eaten we go to Nora's house to get ready for the party. My house isn't exactly the best place to be at right now with my mothers new fling.

'You can stay downstairs and watch a movie or something,' Nora says to our boyfriends as she pulls me upstairs.

'Don't take too long,' Isaac sighs and we laugh before we head to Nora's room.

'So now that the boys are gone,' Nora says, pulling her closet open. 'What are your thoughts on Liam and Amy?'

'Honestly, if they're happy I'm happy for them,' I say, catching the dress Nora throws at me.

'Are you sure?' Nora asks me. 'I mean, your ex-boyfriend of two years started dating his best friend. He cheated on you with her, Liv. It has to do something to you. You can't tell me it leaves you cold.'

'Of course it doesn't leave me cold,' I sigh. 'It's just... I wish he would've reached out to me after we broke up to talk things out. I didn't want things to end like this. I mean, I'm happy with Caleb, don't get me wrong. I love him. But I wish Liam and I split up on good terms.'

'Just go talk to him tomorrow or something,' Nora says, putting her dress on. 'Or send him a text that you want to talk to him about it.' I nod and put my dress on as well.

'I will,' I say. After we've done our make up and hair we go back downstairs where Caleb and Isaac are talking on the couch. I want to open the door and walk into the living room, but Nora stops me and places her finger on her lips.

'You really love her, don't you?' Isaac asks Caleb.

'Yeah, but my parents thinks I'm getting depressed or something. I heard them talk the other night. My mother is afraid I'm losing it.'

'Well, I have to say, Olivia seems good for you,' Isaac tells him. 'But sometimes you are a little too kind to girls. I mean, you forgave Olivia quite fast. You shouldn't let her barge over you. You have to stand up for yourself. And I know it's hard to reject someone you love, but you have to let her know she can't go around and do those kind of things.' I bite my lip and lower my eyes. Is that really how people think about me? I know I made a huge mistake, but I didn't know what to do anymore.

'I know,' Caleb sighs. 'I know I shouldn't have forgiven her so quickly, but I was so tired playing games. It was crystal clear to me what I wanted. It still is. I want Olivia. I love her more than anything and maybe it doesn't work out, but I have to give it a shot.'

'We're done,' Nora says, opening the door and walking in.

'Finally,' Isaac sighs as he gets up to give his girlfriend a kiss. 'Can we go now?' Caleb gets up as well and walks over to me.

'You look stunning,' he compliments me and I smile, giving him a soft kiss on his cheek.

'Let's go,' Nora says, already walking towards the front door.

(So guys, I'm currently not really in the mood to write. I just have some stuff going on in my life right now that I need to deal with. I just need to focus on myself at the moment.

Therefore, this book will contain two more chapters and an epilogue. I was hoping to write more chapters than that, but I just can't put myself to it. As I said before, I have to deal with some stuff. Also, I didn't want to leave this book and not finish it. So it may not be the way how I wanted to finish this book, but I wanted you guys to get closure from it as well, if you know what I mean.

I might rewrite the ending or something when I'm in a better mood to write, but I just can't for now. So I hope you understand and thank you for still being here x)