24

{Olivia}

'Maybe we should take a shower,' Caleb mumbles after we've lied in bed for almost half an hour, cuddled up in each others arms.

'I can't,' I sigh, barely feeling my legs anymore. 'I'm sore.' Caleb laughs and kisses my cheek.

'I'm sorry if I was too rough for you,' he whispers in my ear, instantly letting my cheeks turn red. Calebs fingertips trace the little white lines on my thighs and I bite my lip as I think about his face, buried in between them.

'Come on,' Caleb says, placing a soft kiss on my shoulder before he pushes the blanket away, exposing our naked bodies. I groan at the sudden cold and goosebumps spread all over my body. Caleb stands up and looks at me, waiting for me to get out of bed as well. I slowly get up and Caleb chuckles as I struggle to make my way to my closet.

'Not funny,' I say, rolling my eyes at him as I open the doors. I quickly get some clean clothes.

'It is,' Caleb says. 'A little.' I give him a gentle push and he immediately grabs my hand, bringing it to his lips. His soft lips brush past my skin and I feel my knees turn weak when he stares intensely at me.

'Don't look at me like that,' I say, pulling my gaze away from his intense brown eyes. I can't handle another round, which will definitely happen if he keeps staring at me like that.

I lead Caleb towards the bathroom and turn the shower on. I place my clothes on the sink and grab two towels from one of the cabinets that I place on top of my clothes.

'The water is warm,' Caleb says which causes me to look up, only to find him already in the shower cabin. I join him and am immediately welcomed by hot water, falling down on my skin. Calebs hair is already wet. I've seen it that way quite a lot now.

'I like the wet look on you,' I say as I let my fingers rake through the brown strands. He smiles and soon I'm wrapped in his warm embrace.

Once we're done showering, Caleb wraps a towel around me and I smile thankfully at him. It's pretty cold when you get out of a hot shower. I quickly dry myself and slip my clothes back on. Caleb follows me to my bedroom after he wrapped the towel around his hips since his boxers are still there.

While Caleb puts his boxers on I lie down on my bed, placing the covers on top of me. Caleb quickly joins me, pulling me towards him so I can let my head rest again his chest.

'Caleb, last night when you picked up Camila...' I begin, looking up at him. 'Why do you keep being there for her?' Caleb stays quiet so I decide to keep going.

'I mean, she doesn't care about you,' I mumble. 'She treats you like shit and I hate her for being so selfish.'

'Liv, it's not that easy,' Caleb sighs. 'Camila is... difficult.'

That's one way to say it...

'I'm still there for her because she has a drinking problem,' he says then. 'Whenever she gets upset, she starts drinking and I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to her because of that, because...' His brown eyes feel with tears and I instantly feel bad for bringing it up.

'It's okay,' I whisper. 'You don't have to tell me.'

'No, I want to,' he mumbles.

'My mother used to have a drinking problem as well,' he tells me after a few seconds. 'One night, she was drunk and got in her car. She had an accident. She drove against a tree, thank God she didn't hit someone else, but she ended up in the hospital for quite a while. Her legs were paralyzed for some time and she had to learn how to walk again. She still feels pain in her right leg whenever she walks.' A tear leaves the corner of his eye and I feel my heart break.

'Caleb...' I gently caress the tear away.

'I can't deal with that again,' he says. 'Not if I can prevent it. Camila may not treat me well, but I don't want to visit her in the hospital because she is paralyzed, or even worse...'

'You genuinely are the greatest guy in the world,' I tell Caleb.

I can't even imagine what Caleb went through. I mean, Liam was in the hospital and I was scared to death he might not make it or have really bad complications, but he got lucky.

Caleb always puts others first, and I love him for it, but he needs to think about himself as well. He's been in such a toxic relationship. It makes me wonder if he ever experienced real love. Camila needs help and as much as Caleb wants to fix her, he can't. Alcoholics need professional help and Caleb just can't provide that.

'I'm not,' Caleb mumbles. 'I've done some bad stuff in my past.'

'We all have,' I say. 'I'm not gonna leave you for it, if you think that.'

'How can you even leave me when we aren't together?' he asks and I'm instantly quiet. He's right. We're not official, not yet, but to me, it feels like we're together. If this doesn't turn into a relationship then I don't know what we're doing.

'Maybe not officially,' I mumble. 'But we confessed our feelings, so that's pretty much the same, right?' Caleb immediately shakes his head.

'We're not together unless I pop the question,' he mumbles.

'So?'

'So?' he repeats me, but when he sees my questioning look he laughs and shakes his head.

'I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend right now,' he says. 'It has to be special.'

'Fine,' I say, leaving a kiss on his lips. 'Are you gonna tell me about your past?'

'Not now,' he says, pushing his lips onto mine. 'It's not that interesting.' I decide to let it go and kiss him back. Our tongues play around for a while, fighting for dominance, a battle that Caleb eventually wins. He pushes me in the mattress, hovering above me, never letting my lips go. My nails slightly scratch his back as his hands roam over my body. He slowly lets my lips go, pressing one more kiss on them before he leaves a trail of kisses towards my breast. He places one final one right above it before he sinks down, letting half of his body rest on top of mine. His head is laying on my breast and I smile, playing softly with his hair.

I don't want to leave this bed, ever. I just want to stay here with Caleb, without having to worry about difficult exes and everything around it. I just want to let go and with Caleb, I finally can. Whenever I'm with him, everything feels like a dream. But unfortunately dreams don't last. There will be a moment I wake up and I have to face my problems again, but not now. Now, I just want to focus on Caleb, on us.