32

{Olivia}

'So you're back together with Liam?' Nora asks me and I shake my head.

'Not officially,' I clarify. 'But I gave him another chance. We're just trying to figure everything out.'

'What about Caleb?' Nora hands me a glass of water. 'I thought you had feelings for him.'

'I did,' I sigh. 'I just... He doesn't even want to see me anymore after I told him about what happened with Liam.'

'Can you blame him?' Nora shakes her head and takes a sip of her water. 'He feels used.'

'I didn't use him,' I mumble.

'Really? It seems like you did.'

'What's that supposed to mean?' Why is everybody judging me for my actions? Sure, it wasn't smart to have sex with Liam, but everybody makes mistakes.

'Liv,' Nora sighs. 'You got feelings for Caleb and that's fine, but I thought you had chosen him. I thought you went to Liam to talk to him, not to have sex with him. It's not fair towards Caleb. I could tell he really liked you and he was trying. But now you're suddenly happy with Liam again? I just don't understand.'

'Fine, then don't,' I say as I get up. 'I thought you were my best friend, but apparently not.'

'Olivia,' Nora begins, but I stop her.

'You were supposed to have my back!' I say. 'But all you've done is judge me.'

'No, I'm saying the truth,' she calmly says. 'Listen, if you're happy with Liam, then I'm happy for you. But what would you have done if Caleb forgave you that night? Would you still be with Liam? I can't keep up with your feelings Olivia. Maybe you should take a break from guys and work on yourself first. You never really processed the accident. Maybe you should start there.'

'You don't understand,' I mumble before I leave the house. I get in my car and sigh deeply. I have processed the accident. I've cried enough about it. Maybe the thing with Caleb needed to happen in order to move forward with Liam.

'Shit,' I mumble as I check my phone. I don't have anywhere to stay anymore. Everyone is mad at me. The only one who isn't is Liam... I decide to send him a text.

[09.34 PM]

Hey, I know this probably isn't a good idea, but I don't have anywhere else to stay...

[09.35 PM]

Of course you can stay with me x

I sigh in relief and start the car.

About ten minutes later I park my car in front of Liams house. Before I even reach the door, Liam opens it.

'Hey, long time no see,' he smiles before he pulls me into a hug.

'Are you sure I can stay here?' I ask him.

'Yeah, of course,' he says. 'I already spoke to my mom about it. She's fine with it.'

'Thank you.' I follow him into the house and take my shoes and jacket off before I'm welcomed by Astrid.

'Olivia!' she smiles, giving me a hug. 'It's so good to see you again. How are you?'

'I'm fine,' I answer. She nods and leads me to the living room.

'Do you want something to drink?' she asks me. 'I can make hot chocolate. I know how much you love that.'

'Yes, thanks,' I say and I give her a short smile before she walks towards the kitchen. Liam sits down next to me on the couch and places his hand on my thigh.