25

{Olivia}

'Hey,' I greet my best friend as I sit down at my usual spot next to her in class.

'Hey,' Nora greets me back, smiling.

'How did things go with Isaac?' I ask her, searching for the right books in my bag. I asked her yesterday, but she said she would tell me in person.

'We talked, a lot,' Nora tells me. 'And eventually I told him.'

'What did he say?'

'That he understands why I've been so closed off and that he was sorry for cutting things off with me.'

'So, you're okay now?' I ask for conformation. It sounds like they are but you never know.

'We're better than okay,' Nora says, smiling as she bites her lip in order to hide it. 'We're official'

'Oh my god, really?' I exclaim. 'That's great!' Nora nods and tucks a piece of her dark brown curls behind her ear.

'I still can't believe it,' she mumbles. 'I've known Isaac for quite some time now. Well, I knew who he was, but it never occurred once to me that maybe we could get together. Not until your party.'

'My party was the best,' I say, flipping my hair dramatically. I know that's not true, but we can pretend. It was a good one for Isaac and Nora. For Caleb, it was a mess.

'Have you talked to Liam?' Nora asks me and I shake my head.

'I'm thinking about going to him after school,' I say. 'But I should probably text him first to ask if that's okay.' I don't want to barge in there while he's sleeping or something. He has to rest a lot and I respect that.

'You have to let me know how it went, though,' Nora says as I grab my phone.

'Of course,' I mumble, clicking on Liams name.

[8.28 AM]

Hey, we need to talk. So can I come over after school?

[8.30 AM]

Yeah, sure. I'll see you then

I would lie if I said I'm not nervous. I don't know where his head is at. I don't know if he still wants to be with me or not. I hate that I might have to disappoint him, but there's something there with Caleb I can't ignore.

Later that day I'm standing in front of Liam's house, biting my lip as I stare at the doorbell. I feel like I can shit myself at any moment now, but I have to do this. I breathe deeply in and out and press the doorbell. The door opens seconds later and Astrid is standing in front of me.

'Hi, I came to see Liam,' I say to her.

'Yeah, he told me you would stop by,' Astrid says, stepping aside so I can walk in. 'Please, be careful around him. He hasn't exactly had an easy time.'

'I'm sorry that I hurt him,' I tell Astrid. 'I really loved him, but-'

'It's okay,' Astrid assures me, giving me a soft smile. 'You've always been good to him. Liam made a mistake. I just hoped he learned from it. Besides, you can't choose who you fall in love with. I just hope he makes you happy.'

'Thank you for understanding,' I say, smiling.

'Liam is in his room,' Astrid says before she walks away. I slowly walk up the stairs and stop in front of Liams door.